Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Walmart ammo 
 Post subject: Walmart ammo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:56 am 

The ammo at Walmart is no longer behind the counter at the Shakopee location. It's been in the isles for about the last 2 weeks. I was a little surprised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:44 am 
Longtime Regular

Are you talking about the shotgun ammo in the 100 round bulk packs? They've had those packs "in the open" for quite some time.

I would be surprised, however, if they had the handgun calibers in the open. I would think that would be in violation of the law on display of ammunition. (Min statute 609.663)

Sounds cool, though.

OT, but do you find yourself at the Dakota Sport and Fitness Firing Range very often?

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:27 am 

All the ammo including handgun, that's why I was surprised.
Yes I have been shooting at Dakotah lately, membership has its benefits.

Post subject: Reeeeeeeeealllyyyyyy...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:40 pm 

I work in Shakopee (right behind Canterbury). So I guess I'll be stopping at WM-Shakopee from now on for my ammo needs. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:14 am 

[quote="Binky .357"

I would be surprised, however, if they had the handgun calibers in the open. I would think that would be in violation of the law on display of ammunition. (Min statute 609.663)
[/quote]

I've often wondered about that since Cabela's has all of their handgun ammo out in the open.

609.663 DISPLAY OF HANDGUN AMMUNITION.
It is a petty misdemeanor to display centerfire metallic-case handgun ammunition for sale to
the public in a manner that makes the ammunition directly accessible to persons under the age of
18 years, other than employees or agents of the seller, unless the display is under observation
of the seller or the seller's employee or agent, or the seller takes reasonable steps to exclude
underage persons from the immediate vicinity of the display. Ammunition displayed in an
enclosed display case or behind a counter is not directly accessible. This section does not apply to
ammunition suitable for big game hunting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:13 am 

They do have their handgun ammo out in the open. I can confirm this now.
I just bought about 500 rnds from them the other night, and actually, it was pretty late too... and they still sold it all to me.
I'm not sure if there is a time limitation on ammo sales (like after 10pm or something similar) but I was surprised when they let me buy it when it was after 11pm even.

Go Wal-Mart of Shakopee! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:48 am 
Longtime Regular

Perhaps this is the caveat that allows them to do this thing:

" unless the display is under observation
of the seller or the seller's employee or agent, or the seller takes reasonable steps to exclude
underage persons from the immediate vicinity of the display."

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:49 pm 

DDB_99 wrote:
[quote="Binky .357"

I've often wondered about that since Cabela's has all of their handgun ammo out in the open.

609.663 DISPLAY OF HANDGUN AMMUNITION.
It is a petty misdemeanor to display centerfire metallic-case handgun ammunition for sale to
the public in a manner that makes the ammunition directly accessible to persons under the age of
18 years, other than employees or agents of the seller, unless the display is under observation
underage persons from the immediate vicinity of the display. Ammunition displayed in an
enclosed display case or behind a counter is not directly accessible. This section does not apply to
ammunition suitable for big game hunting.

[/quote]

I love it...they have to prevent underage kids from grabbing it...but why? They have to be 21 to buy...Oh yeah, the business is criminly responsible for kids who shoplift said age-restricted items...that make's sense.

What a world...punishing a business because someone stole something from them ILLEGALY!

Red

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:37 am 

They don't watch it. Each time I've gone there to pick up ammunition, it's late at night, and no one is at the counter to watch the ammo.

So I load up and smile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:36 am 

Slick26 wrote:
They don't watch it. Each time I've gone there to pick up ammunition, it's late at night, and no one is at the counter to watch the ammo.

So I load up and smile.

Cameras, cameras, everywhere…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:13 pm 
In the time out chair

Now I know why ammo prices are going sky-high!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:53 pm 

By the way, 9mm WWB 100 count value pack is now running 15.76 before tax. It jumped about a 1.10 in the last week or so.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

onebohemian wrote:
By the way, 9mm WWB 100 count value pack is now running 15.76 before tax. It jumped about a 1.10 in the last week or so.

I paid $15.72 yesterday. Did I find myself a hot deal? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:24 pm 

I always get my 2's and 6's confused with one another.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: wal-mart ammo
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:51 pm 
Journeyman Member

I purchased 200 rounds which were behind the counter, and hidden at the bottom of the glass display case at the Mankato Wal-Mart. The manager had to carry the boxes to the register, and then to the door. He handed me the bag OUTSIDE the store doors..... said it was company policy :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.