Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Practice Ammo Question 
 Post subject: Practice Ammo Question
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:52 am 
Longtime Regular

I've been reading some pretty bad thing about WWB lately and was wondering if Federal "American Eagle" is any better. I'm trying to build up my brass supply otherwise I might try CCI Blazers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:05 am 

Where/what are you reading that is bad about WWB? Is it that it's bad shooting or bad for reloading?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:33 am 
1911 tainted

Nobody agrees with this, but I have seen more misfires with WWB than all others combined. This is based on my personal experience, the advanced training classes that I have taken, what I have seen in competition, the misfires my students have had and friends that shoot a lot and have had problems.

But again, nobody else does.

But again it is practice ammo, so you get inexpensive training ammo with some malfunction training drills added in, so it's not all bad. 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:54 am 
Longtime Regular

I guess I'm not shooting enough. I always use WWB for target shooting and have never had a misfire, ever.

If life was fair, Robins couldn't eat worms...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:55 am 

I never had any light hits but WWB keyholes out of my Glock 35. And my Glock 22. (.40)
I borrowed a Glock 35 KKM barrel and that ran true and straight with WWB.

The .40 Winchester Ranger ammo and Federal American Eagle ran fine through the factory barrels.

Oddly enough I've run thousands upon thousands upon thousands of 9mm WWB through my Glocks without any issues, whatsoever. Even the competition gun with the reduced power striker spring in it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:59 am 
1911 tainted

keith wrote:
Oddly enough I've run thousands upon thousands upon thousands of 9mm WWB through my Glocks without any issues, whatsoever. Even the competition gun with the reduced power striker spring in it!

I should qualify by saying, to the best of my memory, all of the misfires have been with 45 ACP, and feed problems with 40 S&W, but not as common as the 45 ACP misfires.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Practice Ammo Question
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:51 pm 

gunflint wrote:
I've been reading some pretty bad thing about WWB lately and was wondering if Federal "American Eagle" is any better. I'm trying to build up my brass supply otherwise I might try CCI Blazers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I just bought a case of CCI Blazers due to the rave reviews on mppistol forum about them some months ago. Now a few people on that forum are complaining that they are having bad experiences with them. Crap. Who to believe?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

4013tsw wrote:
Crap. Who to believe?

Yourself and your experiences............... :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:29 pm 

Quote:
Crap. Who to believe?

What works best in your gun.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.