Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 My wife wants a 22mag 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:57 am 
Longtime Regular

You could look into something like the Beretta 21A. These are very compact and the caliber she is looking at with less felt recoil due to the ergonomics of it.It is certainly many times more accurate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have one of these and I like it a lot (mostly I throw it in my shirt pocket when I'm doing lawn work or whatnot), but I'm well aware that it isn't the ideal defense firearm. Still well made, lots of fun, and better than nothing.

I'd be happy to bring mine in to let her try it out - if she likes it, we have one in stock with pink pearl grips :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:44 am 

cool i will have to see what she thinks because i am interested in seeing how it fires before i buy one. What is this beretta 21a what caliber is that
thanks for the info

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:13 am 
Longtime Regular

gooseman wrote:
cool i will have to see what she thinks because i am interested in seeing how it fires before i buy one. What is this beretta 21a what caliber is that
thanks for the info

The Beretta 21a comes chambered in either .22 LR or .25 ACP, although I believe the .22 LR is most common. It has a seven round capacity. I have a Taurus PT-22, which is essentially a knockoff of the 21a. You're welcome to give it a try sometime if you like. Based on the evidence I've seen, I'd much rather carry .22 LR than .25 ACP. In fact, I think .25 ACP would be my dead last choice for a defensive caliber.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:11 pm 
On time out

My issue with .22 anything is the form of ignition, misfires are far far too common to stake ones life on.

There are some tiny .380's out there, and some really small 9 mm.s as well, but they are pricey.

I had a rohrbaugh for a while, and am looking to get one again, as a last chance back up

My wife started out with a Mauser HsC which was the smallest gun I had, and she liked the operation of it, but after a while she moved up to a hi-power and now carries a 45 ltwt commander. It's light, flat and she shoots it well, and she likes the intimidation factor of it. Her feeling is the woman with the "pee shooter" (her words) is not as threatening as the woman who pulls a big bore, and that some thug might think he can take it from her. She finds recoil with non +p 185's to be very manageable and she likes the grips better.

You may find that your wife changes her mind and moves up as she gets more comfortable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Here is a quick comparison for you. That is a Beretta 21A on top of a Colt Mustang 380 with a NAA 22 LR above it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:52 pm 

cool guys definitly very helpful info. I am headed out of town this weekend for early deer rifle i am going to try and shoot one with my 357 if it is close enough. Can't wait to shoot something in the woods with my rifle or hand gun.
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:14 pm 

Let us know how you did when you get back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:54 pm 

well i didn't see any deer until i saw the one my cousin shot. So that was fun but at least i shot alot and zeroed my rifle for 200yds. But all is well and my wife is still going to get a little 22mag so i have a cabelas 150 gift certificate so i think i will use that up. Squibb joe where are you located if i wanted to come down and try it i assume you work at a range or something.
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:14 am 
Longtime Regular

I believe Squib Joe works at Bill's South in Robbinsdale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:36 am 

That's where I've seen him at the Robinsdale location.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.