Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Kel-Tec P-3AT vs. Beretta .32 Tomcat vs. Ruger LCP 
 Post subject: Kel-Tec P-3AT vs. Beretta .32 Tomcat vs. Ruger LCP
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:52 pm 

Hi again,
I am thinking about buying a new pistol for CCW summer time use-- I have been searching the net for info. on the above guns and would like anyone’s thoughts about them

Kel-Tec - I have read they are not that accurate and that some of them have problmes jamming up-- I don't want to send it back or get in "fluffed &buffed"-- I do like that the .380 is a stronger round

Beretta .32 - I have a Beretta .22 Bobcat and love it-- Is the accuracy of the .32 as good as the .22-- I have read that the slides in some of the .32s crack over time with hotter rounds--

Ruger LCP - Looks like it will be a good gun but not much info. out on them yet-

I am willing to wait for the Ruger and the price to me is not that bid of a deal-- Bottom line is a want a smaller pistol than my Glock 19 yet something bigger than my .22 to carry for CCW-- Whatever I get I want it to be reliable and go bang every time when I pull the trigger--

Any thoughts comments will be appreciated--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:14 pm 
On time out

I prefer 38/9mm as the bottom line, Kahrs, EMP's, 642's all are just slightly bigger, but way more capable.

I carry at least a G26 on the bottom end of the spectrum. Usually a 6/45 is the base but even then, the step to a commander is hardly noticeable for ME.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

I like my Rohrbaugh. 6 rounds of 9mm plus one in the pipe, compact size, accurate and reliable.

The only caveats are the high price and the moderately snappy recoil.

I'm very happy with it.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.