Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:20 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 More UofM grabbings 
 Post subject: More UofM grabbings
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

U police: Man on bike grabs 3 female students
By PAUL WALSH, Star Tribune
Last update: January 30, 2009 - 3:02 PM
Strib story
Three female University of Minnesota students women were grabbed in the "genital area" by a man on a bicycle, campus police said today.

The assaults on the U's West Bank all happened within minutes of each other starting at 8:30 a.m. Thursday, police said, and the suspect has yet to be located.

According to police:

In the first incident, a female student was walking on the West Bank Plaza near Anderson Hall, when a man rode up to her on a bike, "reached from behind and grabbed her genital area." The suspect then rode toward Wilson Library.

Minutes later, he assaulted another student near 19th Avenue S. and Washington Avenue in the same manner.

As he fled, the second victim saw the man approach a third woman and grab her in the same way.

Police say the suspect is black, 29 to 39 years old, with a tall, thin build. He was wearing a green hat, brown coat, white athletic shoes and sunglasses, and was riding a red bicycle.

Police ask that anyone with information on these incidents to call them at 612-624-2677.

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

Two things; I'm glad the women I care about make the choice to carry; it's only a matter of time before this animals attacks escalate. I think that's about all I should say about that for now.

Second-I'm surprised the Strib actually mentioned the race of the attacker. Could it be that they've seen the error of their ways in embracing the utopian view of the world and are now taking a stance rooted somewhere in reality?

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:50 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Could it be that they've seen the error of their ways in embracing the utopian view of the world and are now taking a stance rooted somewhere in reality?

I hope you're not holding your breath? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:14 am 
Longtime Regular

He's baa-aaaack: http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pa ... geId=3.1.1

Savoir Faire is everywhere!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: This should be easy...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:09 pm 
The Man

Quote:
The suspect was said to be in his 20s or 30s and was riding a red bicycle with sunglasses, a green hat and brown coat.
How many red bicycles are there going to be that are equipped with sunglasses alone, much less the green hat and brown coat?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

(with much deference to the victims, of course)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:16 pm 
The Man

DeanC wrote:
LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

(with much deference to the victims, of course)
Hey, we're laughing at the writer, not at the victims -- or the perv, for that matter.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

You're right, as usual. :wink:

It's probably the writing but, being a very visual person, I still can't picture how this guy is pulling it off.

1) He's on a bike
2) As described by the stories, he's not grabbing their breasts, he's going for the err... crotchal region (thanks Anchorman)
3) The girls are walking
4) He approaches from behind
5) He gets away with only a poor description

Does he stop the bike, get off, catch up to them, grope, and then re-mount the bike and disappear? And they didn't notice him coming? How do you grope the crotchal region, from behind, of a walking person?

I guess I'm hung up on the mechanics of it all. Again, with all deference to the victims.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:34 pm 
The Man

I'm kinda wondering about the getaway, myself. Doesn't take much to stop a bicyclist, after all.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'm guessing his victims want him caught but not enough to stop him right there when they're alone with him and risk it becoming a more serious assault

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

Well, for sure. Heck he's 6'3". I'd imagine most of us would hesitate before going hand to hand with him.

What I am wondering though is the awareness factor. The whole thrill in this kind of crime (from the psych 1001 classes I took) would seem to be the surprise factor. I am really having a hard time visualizing how he pulls this off without them turning around and catching him before he does it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

This whole thing does nothing to enhance my opinion of bicycle riders. :roll:

Does not the university have surveillance cameras?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

http://www.startribune.com/local/stpaul/39076752.html

Quote:
A man suspected of groping several women on the University of Minnesota campus was arrested Tuesday night and jailed on suspicion of criminal sexual conduct.

University police arrested the 41-year-old man on the East Bank campus after a woman complained that she had been molested about 8:30 p.m.

Quote:
officers spotted a man who matched the description offered by the victim on the West Bank campus.

As the officers were arresting the man, dispatchers told them about another groping that had occurred about 20 minutes earlier on Washington Avenue SE in front of Moos Tower. Both victims, who are students at the university, were brought to the suspect, where they identified the man as their attacker.

While the man was being told of the charges he was facing, he confessed, police said.

The suspect, with a listed address in Brooklyn Center, was booked into the Hennepin County Jail at 11:30 p.m. He has “no known affiliation” with the university, police said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

Looks like we caught you Gopher! ...err Groper...

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.