Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:21 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Pat Kessler's Reality Check is increasingly Fantasy 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:31 am 

Quote:
A gallon of gasoline today at $1.85, without subsidies, would cost about $5.85.

Let's apply a little logic here. According to the quote above the government is subsidizing gasoline to the tune of $4 a gallon. The U.S. uses 390 million gallons of gas per day. That would mean 390,000,000 X $4 = $1,560,000,000 or one billion five hundred sixty million dollars every day. For a year we have $1,560,000,000 X 365 = $569,400,000,000 or five hundred sixty nine billion for hundred million dollars every year.

I would think someone would have noticed us subsidizing the oil industry by almost $570 BILLION a year.

http://mrra.org
6 down, 24 to go.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:05 am 
Longtime Regular

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
I would think someone would have noticed us subsidizing the oil industry by almost $570 BILLION a year.

Not if 500 million people are going to lose their jobs next month like Nancy Pelosi predicted. (FYI: the total civilian labor force in the U.S. is somewhere around 160 million)

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.