Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:26 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 sometimes you get what you deserve 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:08 am 
Longtime Regular

I TP'd a horse once.

Once someone TP'd our house. My brother's newfoundland dog was chained up in the backyard and kept quiet the whole time. Finally, when the kids starting leaving, the dog busted the chain, ran to the front yard and bit one kid in the ass. That kid's father was a lawyer, but he had a good sense of humor too.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:04 am 
Longtime Regular

I guess that (the last few posts) is what is at the core of what my issue here is.

Back in the day, if you got caught, or tore your expensive jacket doing something dumb, or got the girl home late from breaking into the abandoned mental asylum because a security guard almost caught you and you had to lay low, or something of that nature. . . you'd "man up" Part of these "rights of passage" is that if they don't go right, you take responsibility. It is almost like being a grown up . . almost.

The idea of prosecuting the homeowner is just sick and wrong. It is like putting on the butcher's apron and jumping in a tiger cage . . . then punishing the tiger for trying to get something to eat. Every other time that smell has come into the cage it has been dinner. . . this time it smells like teen spirit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

Lenny7 wrote:
I TP'd a horse once.

haha.

I think I am with Macx on this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

Lenny7 wrote:
I TP'd a horse once.

Hahaha......... Desperation? :P :lol:

Ya think TP'ing a horse is bad?

The following took place about 4 years ago when I used to run between the Twin Cities and Los Angeles each week.

One morning I awoke in Chino CA at my little 'hidey hole' that I always camped out at if I had to spend the night in the LA area. Anyways, there's quite a few dairy operations in the area.

I let my dog out to do his thing and while walking around with him, I looked over at the dairy herd across the road.

I had to do a double take. :?

Someone had actually spray painted gang signs on the side of several cows. :shock: :?

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:32 pm 
On time out

we did the TP thing, lately we have been TP'ed a few times, we play the game, flip on the lights, or take flash pics of them, in late oct it was cold and turned on the lawn sprinklers, I know the game, its part of being a kid, and a parent. shoot someone or worse over it would never happen. Its a game, as long as each side plays by the rules, its all fun.

We towed a liquid manure spreader thru the rival town once about two days before the labor day parade. we had the truck up to about 50 MPH when we engaged the wheel driven spreader. That thru cow and hog manure about 60 feet in the air, all the way down mainstreet....... the FD was out the next morning using fire hoses to rinse it down, but as it dried during the parade the stench came back.

Someone from their school got us back by filling two air handlers in the school with hog entrails from the Stock Yards over christmas break, it was froze all winter, but when it started to thaw and the vents were turned on, it was horrible.

The next year, the rival school used the football stadium for the graduation, and someone turned on the high pressure sprinklers, like the one you see at golf courses, right about the time the list of students to be honored was read..huge 80 to 100 foot streams of water arching across the graduates was supposedly very funny...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:10 pm 

I know this thread is old, but one of the individuals mentioned that in the late 60's you had to "man up" for what you had done. I may not be too old but I was brougt up in the 80's and if my ol' man found I had done something stupid he would have kicked my butt, and then dragged me by the scruff of the neck for the apology. Long live the ass whupping.

I think it was the late George Carlin that said something to the effect of "my dad kicked my ass...and I am looking forward to kicking my kids' ass"

Take it for what it's worth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

Apparently, I didn't read the story carefully the first time through. It was only until recently, after being told by my parents, that I realized the "aggressor" in this case was Scott Wager.

We used to live in the same neighborhood and I knew his three kids. He would let all the neighbor children come over and jump on the trampoline they had in their front yard.

He went to my family's church. One summer, he drove a vanload of kids, including me, to church camp and let us take turns steering while sitting in his lap. He was definitely one of the "cool" dads.

He's a good man and is getting a total crap deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:29 am 

So now the dude is getting in trouble for possessing stolen military-issue night vision goggles:

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=538687&catid=2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:30 am 

sheepdog wrote:
So now the dude is getting in trouble for possessing stolen military-issue night vision goggles:

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=538687&catid=2

I suspect that the prosecution had determined that no jury in the free world was going to convict Scott for the TP/fox urine episode. They had to bring something else in so that they have a bit of bargaining power.

If Scott's lawyer has a brain in his head, he'll refuse to bargain, and take the jury option. I'd certainly encourage *my* lawyer to go that route.

jb

ps for SSG B: I can still kick your ass! :-)

John Farnam (I believe)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:35 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
I know this thread is old, but one of the individuals mentioned that in the late 60's you had to "man up" for what you had done. I may not be too old but I was brougt up in the 80's and if my ol' man found I had done something stupid he would have kicked my butt, and then dragged me by the scruff of the neck for the apology. Long live the ass whupping.

Yup, when I said back in the day. .. . I meant my dumb kid stuff was in the 70's and my dumb teenager stuff spanned the 80's. This "new fangled" world where kids are not in any way accountable for their actions didn't really emerge til around the class of '95, as metal detectors in schools and "see through" book bags became the rage. I am not sure that post-Columbine isn't part of the issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:58 pm 

Apparently there are now charges against the homeowner as he was allegedly in possession of "stolen" night vision equipment that belong to uncle sam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:14 pm 

J. R. wrote:
Apparently there are now charges against the homeowner as he was allegedly in possession of "stolen" night vision equipment that belong to uncle sam.

Ummmmmm....

3 posts above yours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:54 am 
Longtime Regular

charges dropped

http://www.startribune.com/local/41824052.html
Quote:
[...]WILLMAR, Minn. - The remaining criminal charges against a rural Willmar man who sprayed trespassing teens with a mixture of fox urine and water have been dismissed.

District Judge Michael J. Thompson dismissed the two charges against Scott Edward Wagar due to insufficient probable cause. The orders were filed Monday and Tuesday.[...]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:16 am 
Longtime Regular

It's too bad that there isn't a way to slap the County Attorney with a charge of "Being An Overbearing Pain In The Ass".

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:18 am 
Longtime Regular

mrokern wrote:
It's too bad that there isn't a way to slap the County Attorney with a charge of "Being An Overbearing Pain In The Ass".

Well, you could load up a squirt gun with... oh never mind. :oops:

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.