Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:01 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Handheld Stun Guns: Legal to carry in MN? 
 Post subject: Handheld Stun Guns: Legal to carry in MN?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

My GF has decided to wait awhile before getting her handgun carry permit. In the meantime, she has a 500,000 volt handheld stun gun (Schock-tronic XL) that she would like to carry with her, especially during walks, etc., if not always. I have googled around today a lot, and can only find that Wisconsin and a few othet states ban them completely, but really nothing on MN law. If generally OK, what about places we permit holders can't carry into?

Anyone have the scoop on this? Thanks!

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:59 am 
Longtime Regular

I have a couple of stun guns that we keep in our cars. The theory (and it may be a bogus theory) is that if someone tries to grab on to you through the window, a quick application of the stun gun might make them lose interest fast. If they were armed you can just throw the theory out the window too. It's more for the wife than myself since she won't carry a gun but will carry pepper and keep a stun gun in her car. After that long winded intro, I believe the stun gun falls into the same catagory as pepper spray and there are basically no restrictions on carry.

If life was fair, Robins couldn't eat worms...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

Thanks for the info. I'd hate to see her get into trouble just trying to (even minimally) protect herself.

I just received a terribly funny link from a friend that I think fits here. It is a voice mail message of a guy who just witnessed an accident, and the "self-defense" measures that some old ladies went to when the other guy started to act 'road-raged'. It IS hilarious!

click here, have your sound up!

http://www.chumfm.com/MorningShow/bits/march24.swf

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

NOW THAT WAS FUNNY!!! :lol:

I've just sent the link to everyone I know. It was a hoot!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.