Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:06 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Request Military Records Online 
 Post subject: Request Military Records Online
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:21 am 
Longtime Regular

I poked around a bit, it still appears as if there will be some form of written authorization required.

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:29 am 
Longtime Regular

.....must be authorized by original signature of the veteran or next-of-kin.

Do you really want me to get your 214 on-line?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

I don't care if you do or not. I ain't got anything to hide !!! :D

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

......just your security and identity................

I know that there are other ways to do it too...........but why make it so easy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:46 am 
Journeyman Member

Tried to get mine, but they got a little snotty when i said i was a veteran of the French and Indian War. Hey, what can i say, i'm old! :)

NRA Life
JFPFO Life
GOA Life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:03 am 
Longtime Regular

HammAR, in order to get my identity or any records, they would have to have certain information. You know that. One STILL has to fax the release over to them and if my identity gets stolen, it would be through the civilians working at the military places. Granted, a 214 has some private data and as long as one keeps their PC clean and updated, there should be no problem. It helps to have a hardware firewall, too. (as long as it's configured properly) Of course, Windows is the absolute worst for internet security because they (MS) doesn't do a decent job at keeping exploits covered. The mail is probably just as vulnerable anymore. :roll: BTW, if anybody ever gets the chance, look on the "Undernet" on IRC. There's a few chat rooms that have miscellaneous CC#s for sale or trade. Now, THAT'S almost scary!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.