Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:49 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Gunsmith Recommendations 
 Post subject: Gunsmith Recommendations
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:50 am 
Longtime Regular

For the north metro/Anoka/Elk River area. My wife inherited an old .22 single shot rifle from her dad that needs a lot of work.

Thank you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Gander Mountain in Maple Grove
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:52 pm 

I like him; he is down to earthand has over 35 years of experience.

I have watched him perform many small, quick repairs for free. He is pleasant to talk to, and his prices are right up front. Give him a shot, so to speak...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:53 am 

I haven't had work done there, but I have discussed guns and gunsmithing with the gunsmith at the Maple Grove Gander Mountain. I was impressed enough to buy guns from the store. In fact, they will match the prices of any item Sportsman's Warehouse has in stock, and Sportsman's Warehouse doesn't seem to have an actual gunsmith in the store, so there is an advantage in buying from Gander Mountain.

Bristol’s Bastards: In Iraq with the 2nd Battalion, 136th Infantry of Minnesota’s National Guard: Bravo Company of Minnesota’s National Guard fought alongside the Marine Corp in Al Anbar province through the deadliest period of Operation Iraqi Freedom, kicking down doors, dodging IEDs, battling insurgents, and trying to help one another survive in the deadliest place on earth. Available in bookstores everywhere. For autographed copies, visit bristolsbastards.com

Post subject: I don't know THAT Gander...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:07 am 

I don't know THAT Gander Mountain, but the one here in Indy is tip-top. It's good enough that I find myself going there instead of to the local guy (which makes me feel semi-guilty - I like supporting small business, but both the service AND prices are better at Gander).

2nd Amendment Foundation - Member

Any suggestions to other firearms groups I could join?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.