Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:09 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Two Teens Beat and Rob Eldery Man in His Home 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:43 pm 

One of the kids lives in a rental house juat down the block. This house has been trouble from the start. The word is that they want to try them as adults.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:45 pm 
Longtime Regular

suspect is a juvenile , one slap on the wrist instead of the two they give adults

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:46 pm 
Journeyman Member

Too bad we don't have capital punishment in this state!

Bersa Thunder 380
Beretta 92FS
Smith and Wesson M&P15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:23 pm 
Journeyman Member

it gets me so ticked off that a 16 yo would beat the crap out of an 81yo man instead of getting a job and my boy who is 8 WANTS to have a job to make money.

we lived next to Willowstone Park when we lived in B.P. and it was a quiet area. that is until '95 when some newer housing went in. lower cost and the kids were a problem. started having fights at night in the park.
we went from taking night walks by ourselves to taking night walks with the lab/chow mix. when i considered the need for a handgun we decided to move.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:51 am 
Longtime Regular

Sorcerer wrote:
One of the kids lives in a rental house juat down the block. This house has been trouble from the start. The word is that they want to try them as adults.

I'd like to see them "fry" as adults.

Post subject: Obama Economic Programs
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:35 pm 

President's new programs will stop all the crime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:19 am 
Journeyman Member

Dee wrote:
Its hard to believe that a 16 year old would be so desensitized to violence that he would consider almost killing an old man just because he was short of money.

Where you are having difficulty, is because you are trying to ascribe rationality to irrational people.

Most good folks get jammed up, simply because they cannot force themselves to understand how someone could be so violent like this.

Instead of trying to understand it, you would be better served to simply acknowledge that evil does exist, that it is beyond your comprehension, and leave it at that.

Trying to 'understand' these monsters will make you crazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:31 am 
Longtime Regular

Fixxer wrote:
Dee wrote:
Its hard to believe that a 16 year old would be so desensitized to violence that he would consider almost killing an old man just because he was short of money.

Where you are having difficulty, is because you are trying to ascribe rationality to irrational people.

Most good folks get jammed up, simply because they cannot force themselves to understand how someone could be so violent like this.

Instead of trying to understand it, you would be better served to simply acknowledge that evil does exist, that it is beyond your comprehension, and leave it at that.

Trying to 'understand' these monsters will make you crazy.

Very true, and very well put.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

Where's Paul Kersey when you need him?

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

He wants money huh?? I'm sure Bubba in the state pen would be willing to give him a couple bucks every time he touches his toes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:32 pm 

While reading this story (and many others like it where innocent people are being attacked by low-life thugs), the same thing always pops into my head.

What if I saw this happen?

While I am a fairly new permit holder, I have decided long ago that when a clearly innocent person, such as this elderly gentlemen was, is under attack I must act to defend them whether I have a weapon or not.

So if I charge into the house after I see the altercation and hold these vermin at gun point, or God forbid have to kill one or both of them, how badly does the prosecuter bend me over and make me look like the criminal?

I now spend a good part of my young life defending my actions, integrity, reputation and the decision to do what is right.

But I have to believe that the old man's gratitude and the support of the community would sustain me through it.

I have discussed this with a few of my friends and family, both of which are split between pro and anti gun opinions. But since I now have all of your attention, I am very curious to know what you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:47 pm 
Journeyman Member

djeepp - On one leve I would not hesitat to jump in to assist the victom, but on another I have to ask if it's woth it to leave my wife to fend for herself.

Remember, God, Family, comunity, country!

Bersa Thunder 380
Beretta 92FS
Smith and Wesson M&P15

Post subject: On a more personal note...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:50 pm 

I happen to know this gentleman personally. He was in my office a few days before the attack. He's a very nice, personable, respectable gentleman. I'm sure he was picked out because of his age. At 81, the physical strength to stop teenagers from coming through the door just isn't there, and reflex/response times aren't as good as they once were.

It breaks my heart to see on one day a nice person getting along as well as he can, and then read something like this about him the following week.

The Strib article went on to say that he was scheduled to have a 2nd brain surgery to try to save him. Its clear that they intended to kill him, had the police response been just a little slower, because either of the teenagers could have simply restrained him had that been their goal.

MN should bring back the death penalty for people like this who can murder with such ease and senselessness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:31 am 
Journeyman Member

Binky .357 wrote:
Where's Paul Kersey when you need him?

You mean Bernie Goetz.

It'd be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:31 am 
Longtime Regular

This reminds me of the attack on Fluffy, in her bookstore, some years ago. The thugs there didn't get nearly what they deserved, either.

Didn't this actually happen in December, and is news now because of the court case? Or am I confusing it with another crime?

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.