Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 10:18 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 TV pranks and guns... 
 Post subject: TV pranks and guns...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:34 pm 

Something I occasionally wonder about...suppose "they" are filming one of those Scare Tactics or Punked type shows and they play the joke of a bank robbery/mugging/ax-murderer on a permit holder.

Would the producers be liable for the likely death/mayhem? Saw a Scare Tactics episode the other day where the producers and "friend" jumped in because instead of running from the ax-wielding person who was attacking his girl friend the guy lunged and attacked instead...imagine if he was carrying...

Same thing when NBC runs one of those "What would you do" character specials and watches people's reactions as some guy beats up his girlfriend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:04 pm 
On time out

I don't know, but I do know one nationally known gun writer who very nearly killed a couple of actors during a scene from the old "streets of San Francisco" TV series. He was in a cafe, walked out into the middle of a chase scene with "gun fire" and did not see the camera car rolling by, He had some famous character actor dead to rights in his sights when some one yelled "CUT" and he realized how close he had come to drilling the guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:56 am 
Longtime Regular

This thought crossed my mind. I don't usually go in for that kind of show, but caught a minute and thought "woah, it'd suck for someone to die over that."

Oh, it was punked and I guess Fez from That 70's has a nice truck, they towwed it and replaced it with a truck that looked just like it and when Fez came out there was a dude tearing it up with like a bat and a sledge hammer and at one point he started towards the actors with the instrument in a menacing way . . . yeah I know, the truck is a truck. . . but the moment the actor was comming at the "victims" with a raised instrument of GBH or death a justified shoot could have gone down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:57 am 
Longtime Regular

I would hope that the victims are sufficiently vetted. If they're not, they should be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:37 am 

I can't remember where I saw it but it was a news report about teenagers dressed in ski masks staging fake kidnappings in public. This has really made me think, what would I do?

In this scenario you have no director to call cut, no camera and crew to be able to identify the situation.

I think I would draw and order them to stop.

What would you guys do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:42 am 
Longtime Regular

realtor_packing_heat wrote:
What would you guys do?

I would be a good witness and, likely, nothing more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:36 am 
Longtime Regular

There's a reason they film this crap in LA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

Circumstances like this are what Darwin was talking about.

If you brandish an implement of harm towards me or mine in any threatening way and I don't know you, you aren't that bright. If you continue to make me fear GBH or Death after my firearm makes an appearence- well, at a certain point, the phrase "Too stupid to live" comes to mind.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.