Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Vegetarians 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

trob09 wrote:
EJSG19 wrote:

I can truly respect that view, and that is great that you are able to make that work. Trouble is, for a nation with a specialized workforce, not everyone will have that time or ability.

Slaughterhouses can and are a very effective tool at smashing people's innocent ideas about where their meat comes from. I saw my first at about age 8, delivering hogs. Quite sobering to say the least.

All that having been put on the table, I like my supper red, dead and corn-fed. If I took the animal, great, if not, great. My choice.

And I can respect that not everyone (very few in fact) share my view. I'm not militant or pushy about it, I've just heard far too many people claim "I don't want to think about where my food comes from LALALALALA"

And If I can make it work for 20 years in NYC, anyone can. It just requires that you a). be aware of the issues and b). care about them. The industry goes way, way out if it's way to ensure that neither happens.

T

Understood. Didn't mean to imply you are on a soapbox all day preaching to pedestrians. I'm not either. I also sort of get a kick out of people who are "head in the clouds" and have no idea how the world works. Food being a common place to start on that issue. Sometimes... no. Often times I think people are too sheltered from reality for their own good. Sadly, us carnivores are probably guilty of that as much as some vegetarians. Then we've got Democrats...well what can I say...

Kidding as to the politics, I have no interest in explaining myself there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:46 pm 

Traveler wrote:

The impetus for a million-dollar idea! I can see it now, all of the skeet and trap ranges across the nation having landslide business the first two weeks of November. They will be launching 25 lb. white turkeys into the air instead of clay pigeons to assist those who want to have a Thanksgiving dinner on a morally higher ground. :roll:

I am not claiming the moral high-ground. Far from it. I am just presenting a slightly different side of the story. Lots of comments here about how vegetarians are stupid and don't recognize that Humans are omnivores - in short quick dismissal of a valid lifestyle choice simply for being different. Last time I checked, "choice" and freedom of were supposed to be part of what this great land was all about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:51 pm 
Forum Moderator

trob09 wrote:
Traveler wrote:

The impetus for a million-dollar idea! I can see it now, all of the skeet and trap ranges across the nation having landslide business the first two weeks of November. They will be launching 25 lb. white turkeys into the air instead of clay pigeons to assist those who want to have a Thanksgiving dinner on a morally higher ground. :roll:

I am not claiming the moral high-ground. Far from it. I am just presenting a slightly different side of the story. Lots of comments here about how vegetarians are stupid and don't recognize that Humans are omnivores - in short quick dismissal of a valid lifestyle choice simply for being different. Last time I checked, "choice" and freedom of were supposed to be part of what this great land was all about.

+1

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:51 pm 

EJSG19 wrote:
Understood. Didn't mean to imply you are on a soapbox all day preaching to pedestrians. I'm not either. I also sort of get a kick out of people who are "head in the clouds" and have no idea how the world works. Food being a common place to start on that issue. Sometimes... no. Often times I think people are too sheltered from reality for their own good. Sadly, us carnivores are probably guilty of that as much as some vegetarians. Then we've got Democrats...well what can I say...

No worries. I frequently find myself on the "unpopular" side of issues for some reason or another.

I'm really not trying to be preachy (and I will STFU now).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

trob09 wrote:
EJSG19 wrote:

No worries. I frequently find myself on the "unpopular" side of issues for some reason or another.

I'm really not trying to be preachy (and I will STFU now).

No worries from me at least. You support your side as well as anyone else has here, maybe better. I've been on the unpopular side, its not a big deal. Doesn't mean its wrong. I like to see arguments based on a person's own thoughts, not something they heard from a friend, or think everyone else wants to hear.

Besides I don't mind vegetables. Sometimes I'll eat a bun with my cheeseburger. Wheat deserves some recognition too. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:12 pm 
Poet Laureate

trob09 wrote:
Last time I checked, "choice" and freedom of were supposed to be part of what this great land was all about.

Well, yeah! Duh!
There's Beef, Chicken, or Pork! It's your freedom to choose! :lol:

[Drift On]
A vegetarian may look at this little excersize in disbelief. That is exactly the same way I feel when people ask me, "Well who can I vote for then? It's not like the Democrats are better!"
:roll: :bang: :bang: :bang:
[/Drift]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

trob09 wrote:
I do appreciate the food I've grown more than food that I've bought though.

I believe that to be the case no matter what your eating style. Home-grown or from the game bag, it's great stuff.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.