Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:48 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 No more Wabbits 
 Post subject: No more Wabbits
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:00 am 

This is kinda sad, funny, weird all wrapped up in one...

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/f ... 83232.html

"There are good men and bad men of all nationalities, creeds and colors; and if this world of ours is ever to become what we hope some day it may become, it must be by the general recognition that the man's heart and soul, the man's worth and actions, determine his standing."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Post subject: Re: No more Wabbits
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Then county probation officer Susan Ranger testified in August of 2007 that Sakewitz had a rabbit in her home in June, had canceled counseling sessions and refused to open the door for unannounced visits.

Now, I understand that the woman is on probation, but this is the line that jumped out at me. I've had the discussion over and over again about answering the door after dark; I've tried to convince my parents to lock their door after dark and not to answer it if they're not expecting someone; I've tried time and time again to get them to identify who's at the door with at least a perfunctory glance before unlocking the deadbolt in the day time; I've tried over and over again to impress upon them the importance of (not) answering questions from police, or other bodies that may be non-conducive to private matters...

Alas, they and many others in my family are still lulled to complacency by the terrifying lie, "I'm from the Government, I'm here to help."

*Granted, this lady is on probation and has agreed to waive her civil and constitutional rights in lieu of prison time. I guess she'll have to plan for her role in the Psych Ward's production of "Of Mice and Men" some other time or place.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

Gee, the Mental Health Practitioner in me wants to speculate that there may be some OCD or other disorder at work with this lady & prosecuting her rather than dirrecting her towards competent mental health help just seems immoral. Mights as well go smacking the mentally handicapped with charges for disorderly conduct . . . real humane :bang: Obviously she needs help and obviously she will keep "collecting" until she gets decent treatment.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:23 am 

Macx wrote:
Gee, the Mental Health Practitioner in me wants to speculate that there may be some OCD or other disorder at work with this lady & prosecuting her rather than dirrecting her towards competent mental health help just seems immoral. Mights as well go smacking the mentally handicapped with charges for disorderly conduct . . . real humane :bang: Obviously she needs help and obviously she will keep "collecting" until she gets decent treatment.

All the "Gun Nuts" on this forum are surprisingly compassionate. More so than those on the left-wing blogs that want to see you, me, Glenn Beck and Bill O"Reilly choke on our own vomit. Do you suppose they are paying attention though? Naahhhhhh.

"There are good men and bad men of all nationalities, creeds and colors; and if this world of ours is ever to become what we hope some day it may become, it must be by the general recognition that the man's heart and soul, the man's worth and actions, determine his standing."
-Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:46 am 

Harland wrote:
All the "Gun Nuts" on this forum are surprisingly compassionate. More so than those on the left-wing blogs that want to see you, me, Glenn Beck and Bill O"Reilly choke on our own vomit. Do you suppose they are paying attention though? Naahhhhhh.

Where does a left-leaning, Beck/O'Reilly disliking, compassionate, "Gun Nut" with a developmentally disabled brother fit into your world view? Does being compassionate get me into the "good guy" camp? ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:27 am 

wheatstraw wrote:
Harland wrote:

Where does a left-leaning, Beck/O'Reilly disliking, compassionate, "Gun Nut" with a developmentally disabled brother fit into your world view? Does being compassionate get me into the "good guy" camp? ;)

Well, pursuing this could get VERY exhausting. :bang: I'm sure you are a great guy, but clearly we disagree on some things. Without belaboring the point there are many good guys (and bad guys,) in either camp. Compassion is a quality that gets you on my good side. Not so much your other views. :wink:

-Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:52 am 
Longtime Regular

I bet she says, "Can I pet the bunny wabbits George... Can I George? I'll be gentle!" :lol:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Sakewitz had undergone a court-ordered mental evaluation but that no treatment was recommended.

That is really hard to swallow. Who does the evaluation? Mr Magoo?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:51 pm 

DeanC wrote:
Quote:
Sakewitz had undergone a court-ordered mental evaluation but that no treatment was recommended.

Nah, I think it was Elmer Fudd. :D

-Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRjfS9vYj88

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:02 pm 

That was twuly fwightening Dean!!! :evil:

-Theodore Roosevelt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Quote:

That is the thing. Too often these evals are done by people who have an interest ($) in seeing people committed or otherwise shuffled into inpatient, if it doesn't require inpatient, they don't get the kickback & the law fortunately is set up to protect people who aren't a danger to themselves or others from getting railroaded, but damned if Dr. X won't try. So in the end, people either get committed or no service, depending on how well the potential patient does after the Psychiatric ER doc's play russian roulette with pysche meds. Present well and out ya go, here's a slap on the butt and a list of service providers who may or may not take your insurance . . . present badly and you end up in Anoka (or its like in any given state). Right now the system doesn't really have any thing in place to help these individuals who fall through the cracks & cost tax payer money unecessarily . . .. it did, but then I got unemployed. This Sakewitz character is a case in point, she is going to keep costing tax payer money in the damage she and her rabbits do to whatever property owners, in terms of repeatedly and unaffectively prosecuting her, in . . . . . I dunno at some point I see somebody needing medical care as a consequence of this & you can bet that will be tax payer dime. A stitch in time saves . . . .. nine? Yeah, I want my job back. I was good at it and I guess the need is pretty obviously still there.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.