Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:04 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 For those who are Facebook members... 
 Post subject: Re: For those who are Facebook members...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:52 am 
Longtime Regular

Group wise, yeah, many of the groups don't do much. There is one of my groups from my home town that actually does get together fairly often & when I have gone home I have had the opportunity to go hang out with those people. Some of those folks are political & I have been using my connections with that group for activism in getting equal rights for IL slaves (people without the right to bear arms can't really be called citizens). I have always felt a little like I am in exile. I wouldn't feel comfortable being an instant felon (for doing what I do legally here everytime I leave the house) and I sure am not comfortable walking around partly dressed. . .. So, that group has given me the opportunity to DO something about it . . .even if that something is a few minutes on a soapbox every couple months.

Revenge, well, after my divorce I rushed into something and that something didn't work out 2 weeks before my remarriage. . . . I imagine that young lady has some harsh feelings. I have no ill will her way, but I'd be the second guy to leave her at the alter for all practical purposes. Other than her, I have kept my accounts with people pretty clean & so I don't worry about "putting myself out there". I'd love to hear your story Ssax .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:44 am 
Longtime Regular

Ok, I joined. I'll have to go into facebook through my daughter's account and see just how much others can see in my wall or profile. I don't care if it shows up on my group list, but I don't really care to have things pop up on my wall about it.

ETA: I'm the picture of the little kid on the steps.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:59 am 
Longtime Regular

I believe you can modify what shows up on the wall.

If there's enough agreement, I'll close the group and require admin approval. That shuts it down from posting to your wall.

There may be benefit to that, if we want to have a discussion off the beaten path. It's a little tougher to hide who you are on Facebook, so we can tell who's reading what.

-Mark

ETA - I don't think most of my groups post anything to my wall. I've got a few that send me messages (activism groups), but I don't think I've ever seen wall posts.

ETA2 - Part of my reason for creating it was also to raise awareness about this forum...which is a possible reason to NOT close the group.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:07 am 
Longtime Regular

Most of the folks on my friend list know I'm a firearms enthusiast, but most don't know I carry and I prefer to keep it that way. If I can block stuff from coming up on my wall, that's as far as I need to take it. If someone wants to analyze my group list and finds out, that's fine. It's not like I'm trying to keep it a big secret, I just want to control who knows and when they know. I'd rather that if they find out, they find out from me, when we're face to face.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

mo_the_mouse wrote:
Lenny7 wrote:
What do you do there that you can't do here?

MAFIA WARS!

You know dam right!

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:52 am 
Longtime Regular

mo_the_mouse wrote:
Lenny7 wrote:
What do you do there that you can't do here?

MAFIA WARS!

That game is so f-ing addicting

Oh and I'm the guy with...well the picture of me as my avatar...and my dog

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:55 am 
Longtime Regular

uh .. HELLO ... plb lark on Facebook and Mafia Wars is addicting like mice in a maze looking for cheese ... log in, push some buttons, enjoy :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:58 am 
Longtime Regular

Oh, OK allright. Since you guys are on Mafia Wars then I'll join the group and pester you to join our mafia forces together.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:03 am 
Longtime Regular

thankee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:13 pm 

Links to both of my MW "identities".

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1758811159 John 'da Cleaner lvl 196

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profi ... 1202750332 The "real" one. Lvl 355

List TCC in your request. If you like to post the gifts & lotto balls, please choose someone else. LOL

I can get the TCC group from one of you :)

MM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:03 pm 
Journeyman Member

Lenny7 wrote:
Most of the folks on my friend list know I'm a firearms enthusiast, but most don't know I carry and I prefer to keep it that way. If I can block stuff from coming up on my wall, that's as far as I need to take it. If someone wants to analyze my group list and finds out, that's fine. It's not like I'm trying to keep it a big secret, I just want to control who knows and when they know. I'd rather that if they find out, they find out from me, when we're face to face.

This... is why I hesitate joining a carry "group".

My close friends all know I do, and I've joined gun groups on facebook so people do know I have some, but I'm not sure how many coworkers/acquaintances need to know that I carry those guns :|

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Nords wrote:
Lenny7 wrote:

My close friends all know I do, and I've joined gun groups on facebook so people do know I have some, but I'm not sure how many coworkers/acquaintances need to know that I carry those guns :|

Totally your call. 8)

I'm pretty unabashed that if I'm not at work (where banned by policy), I'm carrying. I don't run around stating it, but those who know me know that I carry. I've only had one person ever look down her nose, and considering who she is, I can live with it. If asked, I'll state that I do not violate workplace policy. My boss has asked politely, and I politely responded. That was the end of the matter, and it's been a long time since then.

But that's totally my choice. I'll never begrudge someone the decision to not reveal.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

Nords wrote:
Lenny7 wrote:

I'm beginning to think you guys don't like us...

Dean doesn't smell THAT bad does he???

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:29 am 
Longtime Regular

It was pretty humid this morning... :?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:40 am 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
It was pretty humid this morning... :?

Soap, my good man, soap!

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.