Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:12 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Spidey-sense general tomfoolery 
 Post subject: Re: Spidey-sense general tomfoolery
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:28 am 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
I actually use two plungers
Gunslinger style! Or, plungerslinger, as it were... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:33 pm 

I've not thought of using the second plunger. I take the plate off and stuff a wet rag in the hole to plunge the tub. I loathe those drain cleaner chemicals. I'd swear they eat the drain at a slightly slower rate than they eat the clog. There's nothing like trying to unscrew a pipe and have it fall apart in your hands.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:38 am 

JonL wrote:
340PD wrote:
This is a very strange thread... :roll:

...as opposed to ??? :wink:
8)

Good point. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

I've tried any number of drain-openers on the double sink in our first floor kitchen. Plungers were no good-the clog was somewhere down the line under the basement floor. Any attempt at snaking, plunging, chemical openers... no effect.

Then I came across the plumbing "bladder" they sell at places like Fleet Farm and Home Depot. Basically, it's a rubber bulb that goes on the end of a garden hose. You put it in the effected drain hole, turn the water on and wait 10 minutes or so.

First, it expands to a point where it seals the pipe. Then, the pressure causes water to pulse out rapidly, almost forming a reciprocating hammer effect in the clogged pipe. In ten minutes the drain was running fine again and it hasn't been a problem for seven years.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

I've had good luck with that CLR pressurized opener. Works on shower and sinks.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

Binky .357 wrote:
Then I came across the plumbing "bladder" they sell at places like Fleet Farm and Home Depot. Basically, it's a rubber bulb that goes on the end of a garden hose. You put it in the effected drain hole, turn the water on and wait 10 minutes or so.

First, it expands to a point where it seals the pipe. Then, the pressure causes water to pulse out rapidly, almost forming a reciprocating hammer effect in the clogged pipe. In ten minutes the drain was running fine again and it hasn't been a problem for seven years.

Like this one? I have wondered if they were worthwhile.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Binky .357 wrote:

I think that's similar. The one I've used is all black, and looks like the same type of rubber tires are made of. Whatever the case they work fantastically.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:37 am 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Binky .357 wrote:

Mine worked very well... at finding the weak, corroded spot in my pipe..... :(

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.