Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:49 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Here's the kind of results you get from Socialized Medicine 
 Post subject: Re: Here's the kind of results you get from Socialized Medicine
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:49 pm 
Longtime Regular

jdege wrote:
Dick Unger wrote:
princewally wrote:
Dick Unger wrote:
That's just a first draft. They'll cut out the worst stuff from any bill that passes so the Republicans and Blue Dogs can say they helped.

When has that happened? Ever?

What I mean is that they come with the stongest bill possible, and then it gets watered down with compromises. That happens wih most contested laws.

Actually, I'd say the usual process is more that they start with an evil bill, then tack on enough stupid stuff to get it passed, or they start with a stupid bill and then tack on enough evil stuff to get it past. I can think of few instances where the negotiating process removed the most objectionable parts of the bill, usually it's just padding it with pork until they can buy enough votes.

That's exactly what I said.
:lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.