Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 I think I'll move to Ogden, Utah! 
 Post subject: I think I'll move to Ogden, Utah!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:54 pm 
Forum Moderator

John Browning's mansion in Ogden is for sale...

Slideshow starts here and goes through #16...

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2009/07/21/greathomesanddestinations/0726-wyg-slideshow_9.html

OGDEN, UTAH

WHAT: An eight-bedroom two-bath mansion with two half baths

HOW MUCH: $374,900

PER SQUARE FOOT: $54.24

SETTING: This mansion, formerly used as a Y.W.C.A., was originally built in 1900 for John Browning — of Browning firearms — on a corner lot in Ogden, population 83,000, a city between the Wasatch Mountains and the Great Salt Lake. According to the listing agent, Ogden was a railroad hub that fell into disrepair by the 1950s but picked back up in recent years with the influx of outdoor types and sporting-goods manufacturers, including Amer Sports (parent company of Salomon and Atomic), and Rossignol. There are three ski resorts within 25 miles: Snowbasin, Powder Mountain and Wolf Mountain.

This house is in a neighborhood of older homes within two miles of big-box shopping and one mile of boutique shopping in a district along 25th Street, near Wall Avenue. Ogden is about 40 miles from Salt Lake City, which has an international airport. The Wasatch Mountains are visible from nearly everywhere in town.

COMMON SPACES: Most of the house is original, including a banister stretching from the entry to the attic, beveled windows, hardwood floors and fireplaces. There are built-in cupboards in the dining room and storage drawers on each of the house’s three floors.

PERSONAL SPACES: There are two bedrooms in the finished basement, one on the main level and four on the second level. An eighth bedroom is in the attic suite, which includes a living room that, according to the listing agent, served as a workshop for John Browning (and includes remnants of a wiring system used to buzz his maids). Most bedrooms have views of the yard and neighboring historic houses; the attic has treetop and mountain views.

OUTDOOR SPACE: A fenced-in, fully landscaped yard on two sides of the house, facing the street.

TAXES: $2,400 a year (estimated, if owner-occupied); around $4,500 a year if home is converted to apartments or used as a rental

CONTACT: Sue Wilkerson, Terra Venture Real Estate, (801) 393-1188; www.suewilkerson.com

Agents listing....

http://www.suewilkerson.com/template41/ ... ?mnu=29405

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I think I'll move to Ogden, Utah!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:54 am 
1911 tainted

Nice looking house.

http://www.suewilkerson.com/template41/ ... ?mnu=29405

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:45 am 
Longtime Regular

It should be turned into a religious shrine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:02 am 
Longtime Regular

Here's a better link: http://www.windermere.com/index.cfm?fus ... D=47741670

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.