Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:42 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 War On Pizza Cutters 
 Post subject: War On Pizza Cutters
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:21 am 

Quote:
-- Wayne LaPierre - Executive Vice President of The NRA --

You know the saying, "If you make something idiot-proof, someone will just build a better idiot"? I have a feeling some of those "better idiots" are now in charge of the War on Knives in England.

Of course these are some of the same people that brought us England's "War on Guns," which led to the banning of semi-automatic firearms and a complete ban on handguns more than a decade ago. Since then, England's crime rate has continued to spiral out of control, and illegal gun use has increased as well. Since guns are already banned, however, the Brits needed to ban a new item. They came up with pizza cutters.

Okay, they came up with a war on knives, but since pizza cutters have a blade, they're covered under the tough anti-knife laws in place. That's why when 28-year-old Jenny Palmer recently tried to buy a pizza cutter from the department store Marks and Spencer, she was asked for ID.

A spokesman for Marks and Spencer told the Telegraph newspaper, "Our policy is not to sell knives or bladed articles to persons under 18, and a pizza wheel fits into to that category. We are a responsible retailer, and our customers expect us to be vigilant in providing blades if people appear to be underage."

Meanwhile, a government report indicates that homicides involving blades actually increased in the ten cities targeted for a crackdown on knife crime. It looks like the War on Knives has been as successful as the War on Guns. No wonder the Guardian newspaper calls the new report a "severe embarrassment." I'm guessing Jenny Palmer would agree.

www.nra.org

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: War On Pizza Cutters
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:24 pm 

Is that a switchblade Pizza cutter or a fixed blade type that you warned us about?
Thank God we're not a part of England ...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

Lemme go, or the pepperoni gets it! Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:39 pm 

I can see England's youth cutting their pizzas with plastic knives.....

:lol: :roll:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:26 pm 

Grandpa to grandson, sometime in the future, someplace in England:

"You know sonny, when I was a wee lad we used to have pizzas bigger than a dinner plate. They could feed two or three people, some even fed a whole family. Nothing like the bite-sized ones you've grown up with. Now you go run along home, and watch out for those knife-wielding thugs we heard about on the news last night."

:bang:

BB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:28 pm 

"Robbed, and assaulted with a Pizza cutter"

Next England will enact that only individual SLICES of pizza can be imported into the country...

Last edited by Timothy Nelson on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:35 pm 

Original story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5914307/Woman-28-told-to-prove-age-to-buy-pizza-cutter.html?connect

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:11 am 

Maybe I'm just twisted.

First thing I thought was, "Man, those British thugs are mean: FIRST they stomp you flat, THEN cut you up."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:25 am 

Molasses wrote:
Maybe I'm just twisted.

First thing I thought was, "Man, those British thugs are mean: FIRST they stomp you flat, THEN cut you up."

Ewww...death by pizza cutter. Oouch! :shock: For those that survive, I can see victims all over England flocking to the local ER with multiple pizza cutter slice wounds. (would that be pie cut, or squares?) :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

Timothy Nelson wrote:
"Robbed, and assaulted with a Pizza cutter"

Next England will enact that only individual SLICES of pizza can be imported into the country...

Sorry... slices of pizza have POINTS on them! BANNED!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.