Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 USA Buys Enough Guns in 3 Months to Outfit the Entire Chines 
 Post subject: USA Buys Enough Guns in 3 Months to Outfit the Entire Chines
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:59 am 
Longtime Regular

USA Buys Enough Guns in 3 Months to Outfit the Entire Chinese and Indian Army
http://www.ammoland.com/2009/04/22/usa-buys-enough-guns-in-3-months-to-outfit-the-entire-chinese-and-indian-army/

Post subject: Re: USA Buys Enough Guns in 3 Months to Outfit the Entire Chines
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:06 am 
Longtime Regular

This just gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:23 am 
Longtime Regular

Me too. Except that on another board where I'm a member (http://indiansforguns.com) there one member, who is an American, who's trying to give the members there the impression that this is a bad thing.
He's also trying to convince them that most of the guns used in the Mexican drug wars came from American gun dealers. I've been trying to correct those impressions but its like banging my head on a brick wall. He doesn't like my cites, calls me a dupe, etc. It's hard to be polite sometimes. Sigh!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:17 am 
Longtime Regular

Dee wrote:
Me too. Except that on another board where I'm a member (http://indiansforguns.com) there one member, who is an American, who's trying to give the members there the impression that this is a bad thing.
He's also trying to convince them that most of the guns used in the Mexican drug wars came from American gun dealers. I've been trying to correct those impressions but its like banging my head on a brick wall. He doesn't like my cites, calls me a dupe, etc. It's hard to be polite sometimes. Sigh!

What's that guy doing on a gun forum?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:41 am 

Do we know for sure that these guns are being bought through individual sales in gun shops or are the stats padded by bulk sales to .... who? I certainly hope it's the former.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

4013tsw wrote:
Do we know for sure that these guns are being bought through individual sales in gun shops or are the stats padded by bulk sales to .... who? I certainly hope it's the former.

These are numbers from NICS checks. I would assume that individuals have filled out 4473's and then have been checked.
Quote:
This is an evaluation of overall firearms and ammunition purchases based on low end numbers per Federal NIC instacheck data base Statistics. The numbers presented are only PART of the overall numbers of arms and ammunition that have been sold. The actual numbers are much higher.

mrokern wrote:
What's that guy doing on a gun forum?

Apparently he's a gun owner as well as an Obama fan. He reminds me a lot of our recently departed friend Uncle Harley. Every time I refute his arguments, he goes off at a tangent onto something else. LOL, we've covered Mexican history all the way back to Pancho Villa, the CIA in Vietnam, the CIA in Afghanistan, Michael Jacksone, The cuban missile crisis, etc.
He's convinced that the vast majority of guns in Mexico are coming from US gun stores and that most of these numbers off the NICS checks are apparently going to Mexico. I'm trying to convince the people there that this isn't necessarily the case.
This is a gun board for Indians, who as you know have some pretty restrictive gun laws. I'm trying to convince them that the USA isn't the kind of place where legal gun owners go around breaking the law all the time. Anyone who wants to give me helping hand at http://indiansforguns.com, it would be much appreciated. The post is here:http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=6424

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

Dee, if I get involved, it's gonna get a lot less civil around there. I think I used up all my patience for pompous prats on U.H.

I'm very impressed that you've kept your cool so well thus far.

My head hurts after reading that...

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hey no problem Mark, I was just getting frustrated.
I believe I can refute every point of his and every incorrect assertion that he makes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

Dee wrote:
Hey no problem Mark, I was just getting frustrated.
I believe I can refute every point of his and every incorrect assertion that he makes.

Oh, I intend to keep reading and watch you make a blubbering baby out of that guy. He's already at the blithering idiot stage, so you shouldn't have TOO far to push... :lol:

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

I offered him an out, we'll see if he takes it.
Frankly, I'm getting tired of wasting my time on that thread. I've got my point of view out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.