Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 How did this not cause a bunch of whining? 
 Post subject: How did this not cause a bunch of whining?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:48 am 
Longtime Regular

Johnny Depp not only has no problem with guns, he plans to take his kids shooting. I would have thought Hollywood would have a s4-fit.

Quote:
London, July 02(ANI): Johnny Depp is keen on teaching his children to handle guns.

The ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ star, who learnt shooting at the age of six in Kentucky where he grew up, wants to pass on his experience to his kids.

“We would just go out and line up a bunch of cans and shoot with rifles, handguns and at times, submachine guns,” the Daily Star quoted him as saying.

“When I was a kid it was a controlled atmosphere, we weren’t shooting at humans – we were shooting at cans and bottles mostly. I will most certainly take my kids out for target practice,” he added.

The Hollywood biggie has two children with his long-term partner Vanessa Paradis – Lily-Rose, 10, and Jack, seven. (ANI)

Post subject: Re: How did this not cause a bunch of whining?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:09 pm 

White Horseradish wrote:
Johnny Depp not only has no problem with guns, he plans to take his kids shooting.

Looks like I do continue watching his movies. Wonderful!

On that note, we need a "is this Hollywood movie Pro-Gun sponsoring?" (We know that the industry itself doesn't, but the actors...there needs to be a way to balance it out, because sometimes there are both pro and anti's on the same movie...)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

It's nice that this Hollywood elite wants to take his kids target shooting., When he makes his first NRA PSA, speaks out publicly against the latest round of California or Washington gun control, or joins a pro-gun fundraiser, I'll be impressed. So far, given his past statements, I have to assume he's a "for-me-and-not-for-thee" liberal.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:02 am 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
It's nice that this Hollywood elite wants to take his kids target shooting., When he makes his first NRA PSA, speaks out publicly against the latest round of California or Washington gun control, or joins a pro-gun fundraiser, I'll be impressed. So far, given his past statements, I have to assume he's a "for-me-and-not-for-thee" liberal.

Hmmm....ok, so how do we a get a nice letter to his agent praising him for his statements, and hinting that he could do more?

I'm all for training politicians, so why not celebrities? He at least seems to have a brain, unlike the Hiltons and Richies of the world...

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:16 am 
Longtime Regular

mrokern wrote:
He at least seems to have a brain, unlike the Hiltons and Richies of the world...

Yeah?
Quote:
BERLIN, Germany (Reuters) -- Hollywood star Johnny Depp said on Wednesday the United States was a stupid, aggressive puppy and he would not live there until the political climate changed.

The 40-year-old actor, who stars in the "Pirates of the Caribbean," told the German news magazine Stern he was happier staying in the south of France with his wife, the French actress and singer Vanessa Paradis, and their two children.

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you, aggressive," he said.

"My daughter is four, my boy is one. I'd like them to see America as a toy, a broken toy. Investigate it a little, check it out, get this feeling and then get out," said the star of the off-beat films "Edward Scissorhands" and "Dead Man."

Depp slammed George W. Bush's administration for its criticism of French opposition to the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

"I was ecstatic they re-named 'French Fries' as 'Freedom Fries'. Grown men and women in positions of power in the U.S. government showing themselves as idiots," he told Stern.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:31 am 
Longtime Regular

The "freedom fries" thing really was idiotic.

I may not agree with him on a lot of things, but I have to give the man credit - when he said he was going to leave he actually did. Incidentally, I hear he's not that impressed with France any more, what with the riots they have.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:58 am 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
mrokern wrote:
He at least seems to have a brain, unlike the Hiltons and Richies of the world...

Yeah?
Quote:
BERLIN, Germany (Reuters) -- Hollywood star Johnny Depp said on Wednesday the United States was a stupid, aggressive puppy and he would not live there until the political climate changed.

The 40-year-old actor, who stars in the "Pirates of the Caribbean," told the German news magazine Stern he was happier staying in the south of France with his wife, the French actress and singer Vanessa Paradis, and their two children.

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you, aggressive," he said.

"My daughter is four, my boy is one. I'd like them to see America as a toy, a broken toy. Investigate it a little, check it out, get this feeling and then get out," said the star of the off-beat films "Edward Scissorhands" and "Dead Man."

Depp slammed George W. Bush's administration for its criticism of French opposition to the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

"I was ecstatic they re-named 'French Fries' as 'Freedom Fries'. Grown men and women in positions of power in the U.S. government showing themselves as idiots," he told Stern.

Eh, Bush made me want to vomit and flee as well. Republican my ass. 2A was about the only right he supported.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:58 am 
Longtime Regular

mrokern wrote:
Eh, Bush made me want to vomit and flee as well. Republican my ass. 2A was about the only right he supported.

-Mark
And even that's a stretch. It's more like he merely didn't try to harm it. Then again, when did the import barrel ban happen?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.