Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:54 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 The axe has fallen... 
 Post subject: The axe has fallen...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

The axe has fallen and I got way more change than I'd hoped for.

Got laid off today. If anyone is aware of opportunities for a senior level Controls Engineer (with mechanical/electromechanical/embedded background) a heads-up would be appreciated. Having been here before, we are in a good position financially. The layoff doesn't bother me as much as the prospect of having to find a new job. I haven't done a resume in 10 years :(

Post subject: Re: The axe has fallen...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:20 pm 

Sorry to hear about your situation. I have some understanding of how you must feel, I got the axe June 1. I have quite a bit of expereince with resumes as a hiring manager, I use to review at least 100 a year in the IT field. I also have had some help from recruiters and outplacement services in getting a resume togther for myself. If you want a free 3rd party review of what you have or need some help just drop me a note and I'll give you an email address to send it to.

I can also give you some ideas on job hunting practices that might get your name around a little.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:19 pm 

I know where you are coming from, it sucks. I got my dose of change the week Berry got his job. I didn't find anything until mid June, and I'm still looking for something as a regual employee. but don't let me get you down there many more jobs available now there there was 6 months ago. pm me if you want a couple recruters

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:43 am 

My wife is a technical recruiter in town. Send me a PM with a bit more info about what you do (and phone number) and I will see if she can assist...

John

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:34 pm 

Check your PM

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.