Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 THR.ORG lawsuit update 
 Post subject: THR.ORG lawsuit update
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

"Oleg Volk wrote:
THR.ORG lawsuit update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many of you have been inquiring regarding the status of Volk vs. Zeanah. I am authorized by my attorney to disclose the following information:

On June 5, 2009, Charles Peeler, the attorney for Derek Zeanah, filed a motion to disqualify my attorney, Glenn Bellamy (Henry Bowman on THR), from the case. Mr. Peeler’s motion argued that Mr. Bellamy was a necessary fact witness. Under legal ethics rules one cannot be a witness and simultaneously the trial attorney for one of the sides in the case. After due consideration, we concluded that Mr. Bellamy could do more good for my case as a witness for my side than as my attorney, and he withdrew as my attorney of record.

On the 10th day of July, 2009, Michael Branson, a trial lawyer from Missouri, entered an appearance as my new attorney of record. Mr. Branson has never been a member of TheHighRoad.org and therefore cannot be named as a necessary witness. Mr. Branson is currently working with everyone involved to schedule oral depositions.

Recently, the attorneys have engaged in discussion of a negotiated settlement out of court. My attorney has asked me not to comment on the nature of the negotiations except to acknowledge that we are exchanging settlement offers through our attorneys, while they prepare for the upcoming depositions and trial.

http://thehighroad.us/showthread.php?t=411854

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.