Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Wal-Mart Shopper Slaps Crying Child 
 Post subject: Wal-Mart Shopper Slaps Crying Child
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:39 pm 

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/20684677/detail.html

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Wal-Mart Shopper Slaps Crying Child
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

Old, grouchy and ugly is no way to go through life, man.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_GJkKMPHxw

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

I know one should never lay hands on someone else's kids. Seriously - NEVER. But, haven't you ever had "that kid" right in front of you in the checkout line?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

bensdad wrote:
I know one should never lay hands on someone else's kids. Seriously - NEVER. But, haven't you ever had "that kid" right in front of you in the checkout line?

Yes, and if it gets to the point where I can't take it anymore, I slap the parent.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:43 pm 
Raving Moderate

Mac for the win... :lol:

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:56 pm 

Quote:
Delsey Morone said she'd be the top story at 6 p.m. if someone put his hands on her child.

This about sums up my feeling. My kids have their moments once in a while too. Don't touch my girls.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:23 am 

Saw this on another forum. And yes, it's something most of us have thought of doing in line at the grocery store, on an airplane, at the mall. But, if I were a parent and he did that to my child I would hurt him, badly, very badly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:09 pm 

I don't agree with the guy's actions, but I sympathize. I know there are parents out there who just don't seem to get the whole 'be courteous to others' idea. They let their kids do whatever (running around, touching stuff they shouldn't, crying on and on, etc.) without disciplining them or removing them from the public situation. Heck, if the kid is crying inconsolably in a store then take them out to the car. Be a little considerate to others.

BB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

And there is also the reality that sometimes babies cry for any and no reason. This loser apparently followed the family to another aisle to slap the child.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:57 pm 
Forum Moderator

No excuse to smack somebody else's kid but it did remind me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=256hagHz ... re=related

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:42 am 
Longtime Regular

Greg wrote:
No excuse to smack somebody else's kid but it did remind me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=256hagHz ... re=related

ROTFL!

I had exactly one of those outbursts as a kid. I was about 4. My father said, "Fine, you want to cry? I'll make you cry..." and proceeded to tan my ass right there in public.

Guess what? Nobody called the cops, nobody screamed abuse (including me, the kid), and I in no way think my dad was out of line. And I never did it again. :lol:

Course, that was during the 70's. Try that today, you'd get tased and arrested.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:31 am 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
And there is also the reality that sometimes babies cry for any and no reason.
Just because the parents can't figure out the reason doesn't mean there isn't one. The reality is that many parents just can't be bothered. I've seen all these pissed off people with crying kids at Walmart, and every time I found it curious that they couldn't figure out that the kid is crying because it's 11pm, he is tired and should be in bed and not in a shopping cart.

So yeah. Macphisto FTW.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:33 am 
Longtime Regular

White Horseradish wrote:
...they couldn't figure out that the kid is crying because it's 11pm, he is tired and should be in bed and not in a shopping cart.

+1 billion or so.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:15 am 
Longtime Regular

Marko Kloos put it well in the comments section of his blog:

Quote:
Catalyste,

I’m guessing that you’re not a parent.

Look: two-year-olds occasionally get very upset about random and often undefinable things. Lyra sometimes gets upset when I put her in the shopping cart instead of carrying her in my arm–which is not possible if you have another kid in that cart, and a bunch of groceries. Those two-seater kid seat carts are a bear to push and control with one hand, especially when loaded up.

Now: my kid starts fussing and crying in the middle of the aisle, while I have stuff in my cart I need to get. It took me 30 minutes to drive to WalMart, and it’ll take me another 30 minutes to drive back home. Now, I can leave the store immediately to save other people’s tender sensibilities from the sound of a crying little girl, and waste the gas and time I’ve already expended to go shopping with two kids…or I can grind my teeth, finish shopping as quickly as I can, and leave as soon as I have everything I need.

As a non-parent, you’ll say, “Just stop her crying!” Well, if you can figure out a way to reliably do that, I guarantee that someone will award you the Nobel Prize, and you’ll become the most famous and sought-after child psychologist in the world. You can’t just “do something about it.” Trust me, the sound of a crying child is not exactly music to my ears, either, and I have three times the stress because of it: the crying, the concern that other people may be inconvenienced, and the need to get my own shopping done.

She was wrong? For having the temerity to go shopping with a two-year-old child?

Before you talk about “oblivious parents” who “ignore advice” from non-parents, spend a week with a parent, and do all your weekly routines with a toddler in tow.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.