Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 The Pussification of America 
 Post subject: Re: The Pussification of America
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:29 am 
In the time out chair

MostlyHarmless wrote:
Blued Steel wrote:
Worst thing my wife can call a man is a pussy. That does not mean he is gay, or effeminate, or that she is in some way belittling women, what it means from her is a man who has lost the ability to Man Up.

Why can't we leave the gender roles and offensive language out of it? There are people of all genders and cultural backgrounds who perhaps need to toughen up, learn how to make hard choices, serve as the leader of their family, and deal with disgusting tasks.
Offensive language? Sorry, I was describing my wife's attitude. It has nothing to do with genitalia but it does have something to do with gender roles, and YES there are gender rolls. Women bear children, men don't.

Quote:
That is not a particular skill set. It is an attitude. It is the willingness to look S*&^ in the eyes and get it over with. It is the willingness, and ability, to choke down the revulsion and sometimes vomit, and get ugly jobs done. Women do these jobs often just as men do, But men who abdicate their roles, their manhood over perceived "correctness" drive her insane.

I'm confused. It appears as though you are saying that women and men both deal with tough problems, but when men abdicate their responsibilities in this area it somehow undermines their maleness while when women abdicate their responsibilities here it's OK. That doesn't make much sense to me.

No, I was saying my wife (and i believe most women) can not tolerate a man who fails to bear up under pressure.

Quote:
Her favorite example was some actor who was so afraid of guns that he stated that even if his wife was being raped, he did not think he had the ability to pick up a gun and harm the man raping his wife. My wife said had I ever hinted at that possibility, she would have filed papers on me the same day.

The problem with vignettes like this is that it is vanishingly rare for the choices to be that easy. I think that the decision on whether or not to carry, and by extension whether and when to respond with lethal force, is a very personal one. While it is true that some people approach the topic out of ignorance, there are people who would choose not to use lethal means in self-defense. While that is not my choice, it is a choice that I respect.

sorry, but again, my wife's opinion was that if I was not ready to fight to the death to save her, I was outta there. Frankly, this is not a discussion of "less lethal" this is discussion of being ready and willing to defend that which I vowed to cherish for the rest of my life. Cherish is to put up on a pedestal, to place above all else, to endow with great value, and if I am not willing to do what ever I could to defend that, then my wife would call me a pussy, and she has no respect for anyone who dither about in a time of crisis, weighing what form of action to take.

Quote:
My wife is a very caring woman who carries her own .45 ACP on a daily basis. She is also a very feminine woman who has lots of cutesy sweaters and tops, and loves to dress nice, but put jeans and carhartts on her, and she will go out and shovel the barn, feed animals, and cull piglets and or puppies as needed. For her, a man who refuses to do a man's job, is as useful as a steer at breeding.

When we talk about the pussification of America, we are talking about the same things, people who let feelings get in the way of factual data. We are talking about failing to do what is needed because we feel that some might be offended by it. Well, TS, if we are right and believe we are right, then do the job and do it right.

What you're doing here is wrapping up a bunch of unrelated stuff under the heading of the "pussification of America" and then declaring that anyone who disagrees with you on any element of it either has or deserves a small penis. I don't think that's an especially insightful approach to discussion. One of the many difficulties with that approach to discussion is that it marginalizes the role that women play in society, since by your logic above, women like you wife occasionally need to "man up" under your logic.

Um no, again nothing to do with genitalia. all about mindset. Pussification is the best way to describe the lack of resolve that has permeated America. I am not talking about the size or presence of wedding tackle, I am talking about the willing to get up and get it done. There are unpleasant tasks in the world, and sometimes it is up to as as the remaining superpower, to strike the pose of world leader and fix what needs fixing.

Quote:
Sometimes it's like being a parent of a toddler, they scream and holler because they want another bowl of IceCream, but we know they have to eat their corn and carrots first, and they scream they "hate us". Well, tolerate that behavior long enough, and it becomes self fulfilling, Grabbing the kid, sitting them down at their seat and telling them eat the corn and carrots or they will get them for breakfast, and meaning it, can be the best option. It may not be popular, but the end result is better for both.

Those are easy. Explaining what condomns are, why they're important, and how to use them is an area where many more parents fail to fulfil their obligations.

frankly, Its the parents lack of use of them that should be examined more...

Sometimes the real world is offensive to our sensibilities. Turning one's head to those situations does not make them go away. It's like grade school, hiding the book you were supposed to do the book report about does not make the assignment go away. There are a lot of reasons why we are in this boat, currently as a country and as a world, but a large part of it has come from trying to please everybody else, while letting our own standards get subjugated.

America has lost a lot of its standing in the world by failing to suck it up and do some nasty things. personal example, Libya has admitted it was a State operation when they did the Lockerbie Flight 103 bombing. I believe Quadaffi should suffer the same fate as those on board that Pan Am 747. Next time he flies, he should have a AAMRAM up his ass. I think we should say it ahead of time, too.

I would have told 10 Downing Street that if they let the bomber go, we would take it as a personal offense, and would take matters into our own hands. Humanitarian release and terrorist bomber are two concepts that should never be in the same paragraph. The man is now viewed as a hero in Lybia, and much of the Mediterranean

To try to worm this discussion back to somehow describing anatomy is not getting the point. The only anatomy involved in the pussification of America is between the ears, not between the legs

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:59 am 
Journeyman Member

There are a couple short essays on this subject that I like to refer to occasionally. I find it interesting to read the second before the first. While I don't agree on the dogfighting reference, much falls pretty true to reality for many. It is also a bit dated, and some of the points are a bit 'off,' but I do think there is some interesting food for thought involved, and I don't know if this may be what the OP may have been referencing, through memory, or tangentially.

http://www.theothersideofkim.com/index.php/essays/41/
http://www.mrsdutoit.com/index.php/main/single/2969/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:11 am 
Longtime Regular

MODERATOR MESSAGE:
Change in direction of discussion on Rep. Joe Wilson moved to here

- DeanC, Forum Moderator

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:57 pm 

Nothing wrong with a couple of pussycats.....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:10 pm 
Journeyman Member

Don't cats eat Ro....

er... nevermind.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.