Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:57 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Pussification of America 
 Post subject: The Pussification of America
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

Two items in the news this weekend have proven beyond doubt that America is now a nation of women and I'm sick of it. Four sharks, yes 4-10 foot sharks have closed the beaches of Cap Cod and 1-140 pound Mountain Lion has closed a park. For Christ's sake. There was a day when problems like these were handled quickly and life went on. Except for the sharks.

Post subject: Re: The Pussification of America
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

Well, now we know what you think of women... :roll: I agree that this is a wimpy solution for a problem like this.....By the way, I've got a wife and daughter; either one could bust your balls, and probably would be happy to do so if they read this. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

You're right, it's not like it used to be. Men used to handle problems like you described.

Now you must call some "authority". Lord help you if you handle a problem yourself, especially in the presence of children (they might learn to be self sufficient).

This is a touchy subject with me since I grew up in an era where you took care of yourself.

If life was fair, Robins couldn't eat worms...

Last edited by Ramoel on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

Dick Unger wrote:
I've got a wife and daughter; either one could bust your balls, and probably would be happy to do so if they read this. :lol:

Charming, I'm sure.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

Dick. You don't know what I think of women (I also have a wife and two daughters who I showed this to.) But you do have an idea of what I think has become of our society. Back in the day the locals would have solved this issue and you and I would have never heard about it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

gunflint wrote:
Dick. You don't know what I think of women (I also have a wife and two daughters who I showed this to.) But you do have an idea of what I think has become of our society. Back in the day the locals would have solved this issue and you and I would have never heard about it.

You use "women" as a negative analogy! Would you say a like bunch of Negros, Jews, Polacks or queers to denigrate something?

"Women" ( or pussies?!) were not relevant to the story and the analogy is offensive, so say the least.

So, I think I have a very good idea of what you think of women.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

A man who acts like a woman is an object of ridicule. The obverse is also true.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
A man who acts like a woman is an object of ridicule. The obverse is also true.

I'm sure you meant "converse".

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

Or maybe inverse?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

Obverse means that part facing the observer.

Converse means reversed in order or relationship.

Inverse means opposite in nature or effect.

You meant converse.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

While I certainly could be wrong, I took no offence to gunflint's OP. Why, because I have been cured of political correctness syndrome. Sure, Dick can be offended, it is his choice. I choose to understand what was intended and make my judgement based on that, rather than simply the word used. That is the problem with the left. No one can complain because all the complaint words have been deemed by political correctness as inappropriate to use. Everyone gets offended, God forbid, and jumps off the deep end and all attempts at further discussion are lost. I wonder why that is?
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

I found the OP offensive. Inversely, I find the rest of you guys refreshing. Conversely, you guys all find ME refreshing. One obversion of this post might be that I think highly of myself.

Quote:
all the complaint words have been deemed by political correctness as inappropriate to use.

There's a difference between "politically incorrect" and offensive or derogatory.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:56 pm 

I'm not offended..but I do absolutely hate religious cursing...would rather see the f-in-heimer instead.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

You guys are only looking at the word, not the intent. That, as I wrote previously, is part of the problem. You are the only one who can decide if you are offended. You can choose to be or not. I reserve the things that offend me to important items and react accordingly. Discussion is muted when we replace understanding with outrage. You got outraged at the word "women". After that, discussion focused only in the word, not the message gunflint was attempting to express. Could he have used a different word? Sure, and even one that is more politically correct. Would that have changed the intent of his message? No. Again, I believe one problem today is that we get hung up on making sure we don't offend anyone with our words and because too many are offended at the drop of a hat, rational discussion is lost. How many posts reacted to the intended message and how many reacted to the word gunflint used? I rest my case.

PS. God forbid, in the context I used it, is not a religous swear word. YMMV.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
I reserve the things that offend me to important items

So, someone descibing women as incapable of helping themselves or solving problems is not important to you? I guess I'm glad I'm not your daughter.

Quote:
How many posts reacted to the intended message and how many reacted to the word gunflint used?

How many have YOU made defending his misogynistic language?

Quote:
After that, discussion focused only in the word, not the message gunflint was attempting to express.

That's where it SHOULD have focused. Women read this forum. Is it really that hard to admit something is not o.k.? Look, being able to accept criticism (and incorporate it into future behavior) is a sign of maturity and wisdom. Resisting said criticism with a load of, "That's not what I meant/that's not what I said/you're being too sensitive/blah-blah-blah," is bullshit.

COULD he have used a different word? Yep.
SHOULD he have used a different word? Yep.
DID he use a different word? Nope.
WILL he use a different word in the future? I hope.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.