Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Does this sound familiar 
 Post subject: Does this sound familiar
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:37 am 
Longtime Regular

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1212452/Gang-culture-rife-police-officers-warns-barrister.html

'Gang culture' and 'mob mentality' rife among police officers, warns top barrister.

(for the English, english challanged, a Barrister is a lawyer who can argue a case in court, not a person who serves coffee).
:D :D :D :D :D :D

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject: Re: Does this sound familiar
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:23 am 
Longtime Regular

Selurcspi wrote:
(for the English, english challanged, a Barrister is a lawyer who can argue a case in court, not a person who serves coffee).
:D :D :D :D :D :D

If they're on the bottom of the totem pole in a practice they fetch coffee. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:42 am 
In the time out chair

Again, the failed Us vs Them training methods and culture is coming back to haunt the police. Community Policing in the old style,

I have a good friend who is a retired CPD officer. He believes that most Police Training could be replaced by playing Andy of Mayberry shows over and over again. He worked in Cabrini Green and the Sullivan Projects most of his career, he found knowing the connections, and the personalities of the people he was working with, (as he called his job, working with the people) was more important than having the latest and greatest gear, He started out before officer radios, using call boxes, and he felt that led to better awareness of the area, when the officer had to know that help was not a whistle away in the radio.

Tip O'Neill said all politics are local, and all crime patrol is local as well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

Blued Steel wrote:
. . . He believes that most Police Training could be replaced by playing Andy of Mayberry shows over and over again. He worked in Cabrini Green and the Sullivan Projects most of his career, he found knowing the connections, and the personalities of the people he was working with, (as he called his job, working with the people) was more important than having the latest and greatest gear, He started out before officer radios, using call boxes, and he felt that led to better awareness of the area, when the officer had to know that help was not a whistle away in the radio.

What then to do with those overweight, insecure, loud-voiced, shaved head, gadget-intranced, attention-deficit officers that are now employed?

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

Traveler wrote:
What then to do with those overweight, insecure, loud-voiced, shaved head, gadget-intranced, attention-deficit officers that are now employed?

Have them apply for jobs at BATF. They'll fit in just fine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

Blued Steel wrote:
I have a good friend who is a retired CPD officer. He believes that most Police Training could be replaced by playing Andy of Mayberry shows over and over again. He worked in Cabrini Green and the Sullivan Projects most of his career, he found knowing the connections, and the personalities of the people he was working with, (as he called his job, working with the people) was more important than having the latest and greatest gear, He started out before officer radios, using call boxes, and he felt that led to better awareness of the area, when the officer had to know that help was not a whistle away in the radio.

I work a rural part of a rural county. It takes years to get the people to trust you and talk to you. Just today I was talking to a local ne'er do well who owned an ATV that I had just stopped for a violation. Last time I dealt with him, he was hammered, and wanted to fight. I nearly had to take him to jail. Today, he apologized. Don't know if he meant it, but he said it, and that's about the best I can expect.

The officers who don't know their beats are at a real disadvantage.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.