Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:56 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Get A Haircut, Win A Gun 
 Post subject: Get A Haircut, Win A Gun
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:24 am 
Longtime Regular

http://www.wlky.com/news/20991636/detail.html

Get A Haircut, Win A Gun
Okolona Barbershop Offers AK-47 Contest

POSTED: 4:26 pm EDT September 18, 2009
UPDATED: 5:58 pm EDT September 18, 2009

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Get a haircut, get a chance on an AK-47 rifle; that's the offer from a Louisville barbershop.

The shop owner said he's just trying to raise awareness to the right to bear arms, but the gun promotion is drawing fire.

A customer at the Okolona barbershop will win a Romanian made AK-47.

Everywhere you look around the shop, you can tell it is a pro-gun atmosphere, from the hats to the mounted heads.

LOUISVILLE NEWS: Get A Haircut, Win A Gun
WLKY

Bruce Gooden teaches gun safety. He's a certified concealed carry instructor, a lifetime member of the NRA and he cuts hair.

The more involved someone is with guns and gun rights, the more chances they have to win the $750 semi-automatic weapon.

“You get one ticket per customer. If you are an NRA member you get two. If you join the NRA you get six,” said Gooden.

Coffee News

Gooden said the promotion is not just about increasing business, though business is up.

“It's not so much about the AK. It's about the second amendment. That's what I'm trying to do, raise awareness,” he said.

Gooden is raising awareness, but probably not always in the way he wants. A local community activist, who often speaks for families devastated by gun violence, worries about the message to young people.

“I'm not knocking the responsive gun owners, but the message doesn't resonate with the minds I deal with, which are fragile minds. For whatever reason when you talk about guns it's like an addiction to guns,” said activist Christopher 2X.

Gooden said no one needs to be concerned about law abiding gun owners.

“You don't have to worry about the good guys. It's the bad guys. We've got plenty of laws. All we have to do is enforce the laws we have on the books. The good guys will prevail,” Gooden said.

2X said he would be much more concerned about the promotion if it was done in neighborhoods which experience gun violence on an almost daily basis.

The Okolona barbershop plans to give away the AK-47 just in time for Christmas.

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject: Re: Get A Haircut, Win A Gun
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:06 am 

Hunter07 wrote:

“I'm not knocking the responsive gun owners, but the message doesn't resonate with the minds I deal with, which are fragile minds. For whatever reason when you talk about guns it's like an addiction to guns,” said activist Christopher 2X.

2X said he would be much more concerned about the promotion if it was done in neighborhoods which experience gun violence on an almost daily basis.

I can't begin to tell you how many ways this quote from the article boggles my mind. Wonder if the community he claims to represent realize what his conclusion is on their intellect.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:05 pm 
Journeyman Member

OK, not to get off topic, but I had to look this up, thought I'd share it with ya'll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_2X

The whole "2x" thing was bugging me, but now I understand. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

is that his legal name? is it possible to have numbers in your name (other than III)?

edit: III is three letters not a number. guess that example dosent work.

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

lobster wrote:
OK, not to get off topic, but I had to look this up, thought I'd share it with ya'll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_2X

The whole "2x" thing was bugging me, but now I understand. :roll:

You couldn't make this stuff up if you wanted to. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:22 pm 

He's just pissed 'cause he's a ex-convict who can't have his own gun. And, well, he figured 7 years, divided by two is 3.5. So, that justifies him changing his name to 2X. Something righteous for street credibility. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:27 pm 

BrianB wrote:
Hunter07 wrote:

Well, it's not. So, focus on your own gang and drug infested (or underprivileged, whatever ya wanna call it) 'hood rather than attempting to stir the pot up for law-abiding folks and neighborhoods.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.