Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Cat wrapped in duct tape 
 Post subject: Cat wrapped in duct tape
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:23 am 

I did a search and didn't see this. Someone apparently wrapped a cat from the neck down in duct tape (legs and all). I hope they catch the person and do the same to them except when they remove the duct tape from the person they should remove it very slowly and NOT sedate person first. (Pic of the cat at the linked site)

Edit: I messed up when posting the link to the story but Lenny7 caught it and posted the correct link, thank you. I figured should correct the broken link anyway.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/features/mutts/blog/2009/09/sick_person_wraps_philly_cat_i.html

Someone completely wrapped a cat in duct tape and dumped her in North Philadelphia on Tuesday.

"Whoever did this is very sick," said George Bengal, director investigations for the Pennsylvania Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, told ^ABC, as quoted by the Philadelphia Inquirer. "I've never seen a cat totally wrapped like a mummy before."

According to the Inquirer, the female cat, nicknamed Sticky, is doing well after she was sedated so the tape could be cut away with scissors. A $1,000 reward is being offered for information leading to a conviction.

This provided by the Pennsylvania Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals' shows a female cat covered in duct tape from head to toe. Medical staff at the Pennsylvania SPCA were able to successfully remove the tape. A $1,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the conviction of whoever wrapped the feline. (AP Photo/Pennsylvania Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)

Last edited by 340PD on Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Cat wrapped in duct tape
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:39 am 
Longtime Regular

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/features/mutts/blog/2009/09/sick_person_wraps_philly_cat_i.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

I vote for peeling the sicko with a cheese grater, throwwing gasoline on him and setting him on fire. Not that the fire would kill him, just the shock and secondary infections.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:41 pm 

Society as a whole is going down the crapper. This guy should be put away forever, I mean come on, I'm not even a cat fan (I'm a dog guy) but this is beyond cruel.

It is a defenseless animal, if you don't want it, take it to a shelter or worst case take it to the vet and have it put down humanely.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

This was a common way of dealing eith uppity NUBs (Non Useful Bodies) on the subs in the 80's, usually it was done to the outside of their unifor though.

Doing this to a cat seems pretty cruel, perhaps the individual who did this should be taped adn hung up by their ankles for a while, unfortunately not evedryone has a steam pipe handy. :twisted:

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

My first thought was, soak the responsible individual from head to toe in super glue with their clothes on. Or tar and feather them.

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

Binky .357 wrote:
My first thought was, soak the responsible individual from head to toe in super glue with their clothes on. Or tar and feather them.

Speaking from experience, taping someone up with EB (Electric Boat) green HP (High Pressure) tape adn hanging them from a 36" steam pipe has a high level of gratification.

N.B. If you are a Corpsman on a sub, don't make the comment "There are not enough people in the Engineering Department to tape me up." :shock: It will not end well for you. :D

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

I think a mountain is being made out of a mole hill here. I use duct tape on my cat a lot, to get rid of loose hair that she'll just be shedding later, like a lint brush. True, I don't mummify her totally, just use small strips. But it doesn't hurt her.

No doubt that humane society just used scissors to cut the hairs between the cat's skin and the tape. Haircuts don't hurt cats, and it'll grow back.

Now there's no doubt the kid who did this had evil intent, and likely will do worse later, and that the cat itself was a bit frightened. But I bet the pig was frightened that went into my sausage muffin this morning, too.

Sure is a good way for the Humane Society to get attention, though.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

chunkstyle wrote:
But I bet the pig was frightened that went into my sausage muffin this morning, too.

:lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:47 am 

chunkstyle wrote:
I think a mountain is being made out of a mole hill here. I use duct tape on my cat a lot, to get rid of loose hair that she'll just be shedding later, like a lint brush. True, I don't mummify her totally, just use small strips. But it doesn't hurt her.

No doubt that humane society just used scissors to cut the hairs between the cat's skin and the tape. Haircuts don't hurt cats, and it'll grow back.

Now there's no doubt the kid who did this had evil intent, and likely will do worse later, and that the cat itself was a bit frightened. But I bet the pig was frightened that went into my sausage muffin this morning, too.

Sure is a good way for the Humane Society to get attention, though.

While it's obvious it didn't hurt the cat to have the tape removed (the cat was sedated for the procedure), I think the traumatizing event probably would have been the application of said tape to the cat's entire body (except the head). I'm not a cat owner but I can't imagine a cat standing still while it's completely wrapped in duct tape by a stranger. I can only imagine it was fairly traumatizing for the cat not to mention I can't imagine the cat could walk to well judging from the picture but I may be wrong. Respectfully, IMHO I don't think pressing a piece of duct tape to your cats fur lightly and removing it to remove some loose hairs is comparable to a stranger wrapping the entire cat.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.