Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Interesting Article 
 Post subject: Interesting Article
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:22 am 
Longtime Regular

In todays edition of Townhall.com there's a good article on the medias bias on covering defensive use of handguns. It's written by Larry elder. If someone would care to link it, that would be great. I haven't figured that out yet. My son the computer whiz will be here in october and I'll have him show me how.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:40 am 
Longtime Regular

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/larr ... 0901.shtml

It's pretty easy to attach links. From the page of the article, copy the url by right clicking, then click copy. Come back here, open a reply, click you cursor into the reply box, then right click and select paste.

Post your message, then re open and test to be sure the link works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:42 am 

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/larr ... 0901.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:50 am 

Heheh- we must have been posting at the same time :P

Good article. I think it was pretty light handed about dealing witht the media bias though. It was trumped up to sensationalism and marketing for ratings. While I think that's part of it, the stereotype of the people in the media and their activism in other areas would coincide with a stong personal viewpoint against guns that I'm pretty convinced contributes to their bias as well.

That bias is pretty evident too when you watch the news. If a "gun" story is last in a segment before a commercial break or switching gears the talking heads on the TV have a few seconds to fill. That's when they let the one liners fly distinctly showing their anti-gun bias.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:27 am 
Longtime Regular

A very good article. :D

You maybe right about the sensationalism, but I will take that over what other talk show hosts have said about guns (including the host of “America’s Most Wanted”.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:26 am 
Longtime Regular

I woulld much rather hear on the evening news about someone who saved themselves then xyz person was murdered. This would show people do have options of having and using a gun can be part of their security plan...

So, If you are involved in a problem like this maybe we should seek out the media and offer up the story and see if they can meet us half way of being open to reporting this. :wink:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

I would love to hear about self defence gun usage on the news, but like thats going to happen in Minnesota. I know we have already had a few cases of it and not a peep from any of the news media.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

They don't like eating crow. Most of them screamed about wild west shootings, and other doom that didn't come to pass when the MPPA passed (TWICE!), and they are probably still livid about that.
So no way will they publish anything that shows us in a positive light.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.