Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:02 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Maybe We Should Have That Guns And Alcohol … 
 Post subject: Maybe We Should Have That Guns And Alcohol …
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:08 am 
Longtime Regular

… discussion all over again.

If the data is correct, that one in seven drivers has a DWI "on record" that, to me, means the actual figures of those driving while drunk would probably be higher, given that many first offenses are pled down to careless or reckless driving.

My personal attitudes toward alcohol are irrelevant (I make my own wines, and I love the occasional Urquell or Beck's) but I do not drink and carry, and I would never drink and drive. If I am carrying or driving, I even eschew the normal glass of wine with my entree.

http://www.startribune.com/local/101845803.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUsZ

Quote:
State Patrol crackdown brings 163 DWI arrests
Last update: August 30, 2010 - 8:35 PM

The Minnesota State Patrol has arrested 163 suspected drunken drivers in a statewide enforcement campaign that started Aug. 20 and runs through Labor Day.

FIRST WEEKEND: Sixty motorists were arrested during the first weekend of enforcement and another 64 were nabbed this past Friday through Sunday.

A similar statewide DWI enforcement effort in 2009 undertaken by the patrol and several other agencies resulted in 1,873 DWI arrests.

CAMPAIGNS SHOW RESULTS: Stepped-up DWI enforcement campaigns have factored in Minnesota experiencing fewer alcohol-related deaths in recent years, according to the state Department of Public Safety. Last year, there were 141 alcohol-related traffic deaths in Minnesota, and 279 motorists were seriously injured in alcohol-related crashes.

In Minnesota, one in seven drivers has a DWI on record, and each year more than 30,000 motorists are arrested for DWI, authorities say. Consequences for a DWI include loss of license for up to a year, up to $20,000 in legal costs and heightened insurance rates, and possible jail time.

TOWARD ZERO DEATHS: The DWI enforcement is a component of the state's core traffic safety initiative, Toward Zero Deaths. The goal of the program is 400 or fewer deaths by the end of 2010. There have been 262 traffic deaths in Minnesota so far this year.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.