Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:25 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Cops.. 
 Post subject: Cops..
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:43 am 
Longtime Regular

Article on CNN about a concept cop car... but this is what one LEO had to say about it:
Quote:
"I don't see any downside to this car," said Carl Latorre, a Pennsylvania State Police dispatcher who served 35 years as a Philadelphia police officer. "I am so excited about this car. This car rates up there with cops carrying automatic weapons to combat what the criminals carry now. It's about time that something like this came about."

Almost as good as them carrying automatic weapons... :shock:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/03/23/high ... index.html

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:33 am 
Longtime Regular

Based on what I see at the ranges around here, if a few more cops learned to shoot worth a damn maybe they wouldn't need fully automatic spray-n-pray...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:45 am 
1911 tainted

mrokern wrote:
Based on what I see at the ranges around here, if a few more cops learned to shoot worth a damn maybe they wouldn't need fully automatic spray-n-pray...

That is my observation also.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:46 am 
Longtime Regular

I like the car. Makes a lot of sense to me.

Quote:
The rear-hinged "suicide doors" make it easier for handcuffed passengers to get in and out, and the seat is designed so "guests" can ride comfortably with their hands cuffed behind their backs.

For officer safety, Latorre likes how the seat belts are anchored in the center of the seat and buckle near the door so the officer doesn't have to lean across the prisoner.

"When you put a prisoner in the back seat, you're supposed to strap him in," Latorre said. "Nowadays, you have to make sure your gun isn't going close to his hands, and how are you going to strap somebody in doing that?"

Perhaps most popular among cops is the rear compartment, which is sealed off from the front and made entirely of seamless, washable plastic, with drain plugs in the floor.

"Numerous times I've had less than pleasant experience" with prisoners vomiting or relieving themselves in the back seat, said Stephens, a former Texas police officer.

The seat innovations are up front, too, where the seats have recesses to accommodate officers' bulky gun belts.

"The front seat -- I couldn't believe the front seat. They thought of everything," Latorre said. "You don't know how difficult it is to get out of a car. The first thing you've got to do is adjust your gun belt. The gun belt shouldn't be a problem."

I would love to see what those front seats look like.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

Here's a video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2wtBtO5QGCQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2wtBtO5QGCQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here's a link to the company and more video.

http://www.carbonmotors.com/

Looks cool. I understand it's all-wheel drive, too. Me likey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

Nope, it's rear wheel drive.
http://www.carbonmotors.com/machine/specifications

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

that thing is pretty sweet!

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hunter07 wrote:

Dang! I hate when that happens. I'll stick with this: Doesn't do 150, but I haven't been stuck yet, either.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.