Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:00 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Holster swap at the The New Thing meeting . . . 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

A Brit in MN wrote:
JDR wrote:
Well,.....that was a flop. I brought a box of holsters and belts. Asked several people including Joel. Was told don't worry well get to it. Nothing ever happened. :?

Oh, well had an enjoyable time anyway. :D

The wife really wanted to win a carry course, during the drawing. :shock: :shock:

She was a "reluctant participant" for the "holiday party", but admitted on the drive home that she had fun. :lol: :lol:

I had a good chat with her in the smoking lounge (I here you don't approve of that vice yahphooey!!) maybe she'll get that class for a Christmas present :wink: :wink: :wink: You'll have to learn some Iowa jokes too I hear :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been offering to get her into a class. I was waiting to coordinate a time with a group of my friends who expressed interest and make it a group thing. Unfortunately I've bee procreating on this for over a year. :oops:

It was fun to watch her during the drawing hoping/yelling for a win of a carry class. :D

Your right Brit, I got to get one under the tree right away. :wink:

Oh, and yes Iowa jokes are aboslutly needed.

Also I've been putting up with her smoking for thirty years, so I am not (sort of) a nag. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

JDR wrote:
I've been offering to get her into a class. I was waiting to coordinate a time with a group of my friends who expressed interest and make it a group thing. Unfortunately I've bee procreating on this for over a year. :oops:

I'm sure your wife is very happy indeed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:07 pm 

JDR wrote:

It was fun to watch her during the drawing hoping/yelling for a win of a carry class. :D

I am glad my wife got one of the free classes. She told me on the way home that it WILL FORCE her to get her permit instead of making excuses. I was glad that somebody who was there that didn't have a permit got the class.

I wish more wives were like my wife and WANTED to get their permits. My pastor wants to get his permit also! Preach it! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:46 am 
Longtime Regular

brauchma wrote:
My pastor wants to get his permit also! Preach it! :lol:

Oooh, dibs! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

squib_joe wrote:
JDR wrote:

I'm sure your wife is very happy indeed

She is happy, but not because of "procreating" ( or procrastinating") :oops: :oops: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:21 am 
Journeyman Member

Where does one get holsters locally? I have a Sig P225 and I'm left handed. I'm looking for a concealed holster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:29 am 
Longtime Regular

You haven't met Srigs from this forum yet, have you?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:15 am 
Journeyman Member

Nope, I just joined a few days ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:22 am 

singhcr wrote:
Nope, I just joined a few days ago.

well welcome aboard singhcr. i'm certain you'll find the forums a great source of news, knowledge, and entertainment.

the "srigs" deanc speaks of is a local holster maker. he frequents the forums and will likely chime in. if you look up his member page i think his website is listed. many here use his holster and love them. in the holster section there are threads with photos to check out.

D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:24 am 
Journeyman Member

Thanks for the info, I'll go look him up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:22 pm 

He does nice work (and he's a nice guy to boot - but don't tell him I said that!) I still need to take some pics of "the Snap" and mag holder he did for my G22...

http://www.sideguardholsters.com/

gun control means hitting where you aim!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

I like the Snap he made for my J-Frame.

Nice workmanship and a local guy so if you have nay quirks he can usually accomade them.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:56 pm 
The Man

jac714 wrote:
I like the Snap he made for my J-Frame.

Nice workmanship and a local guy so if you have nay quirks he can usually accomade them.
Yup, to all of that. He's among the very few holstermakers I recommend. (Which doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of good ones, mind you, but I'm pretty picky about recommendations.)

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.