Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Ammo cans 
 Post subject: Ammo cans
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:57 pm 

Hello everyone,

One of my first posts, guess I have been lurking too long. A little about me for my first post. Like most of you I am very concerned about individual rights not least of which is the God given right to self defense.
Citizens do not abdicate this responsibility solely to their Government.
I have been and continue being active in local Government in order to limit Government to its proper size and scope.

And now the pitch :wink:

My company has recently received a good supply of ammo cans: .50 caliber, AN/PSV night vision cans, 25mm, and 40 mm. You may have seen us previously at the MWCA shows or even a smaller show or two. If so, you know our cans are in great shape and priced fairly. measurements follow:
40mm - 17.5" long x 5.5" wide x 9.5" deep
25mm - 13 x 5.25 x 13.25
AN/PSV - 11.25 x 5.5 x 12.5
.50 - 11.5 x 5.75 x 7

Prices follow:
40mm; 25mm; AN/PSV - $15.00 each or 3/$40.00
.50 caliber $6.00 each or 5 for $25.00

These are heavy duty cans with great rubber seals. Use them for emergency kits, family photos, tow straps or even ammo.

Shoot us a message for more info or pics. We can meet up with you in the NE Metro or you can see us at the next MWCA show.

Jeff

Heinlen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Would you post some pics here? If you can't, email them to me and I'll post them.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:43 am 
Longtime Regular

Hey Jeff,

I'm guessing that you're the same "Jeff" from whom I bought 12 ammo cans back in March of '06 after you posted in the mntoyx4.com forum. I know the date because I saved the email in case I wanted to buy more.

If this is the same person, and I'm pretty sure it is, I can vouch for him. The cans were in excellent shape. Far better than anything I've seen at Fleet Farm. If you're buying 5 of them, you're getting the same price I got 2.5 years ago. I'm pretty sure this is one that I bought from him:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:21 pm 
Eagle-eyed watcher of legislation

Jeff, my son got a .50 can from you at the show this weekend.

Anyhow, kid loves it and condition seems great.

Thanks,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:14 am 
Longtime Regular

I picked up a bunch a couple weeks ago and they are in great shape. See you at the next show with a holster ;)

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:16 am 

I picked up a few at the Stillwater show - they're all in really good shape! unfortunately, I should probably have gone with my instincts and grabbed an extra batch, since by the time I got the various ammo piles put into cans, I'm down to just a couple empties for spares!

I also stopped for a jug of silica cat litter and some small envelopes for DIY silica packs - started out trying to split out the colored granules to just use the clear, but that got old really fast so I just said to heck with it. anybody think that is a problem? (there ddn't seem to be any perfume scent to it, but I just don't want any issues with contaminating the primers or something...)

gun control means hitting where you aim!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:24 pm 

I picked up two 50's from you a few weeks ago at the show in St. Paul. Great cans! Will be picking up more from you next time I'm at a show (my hands were full with the ammo I had also bought).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

Do you sell ammo cans online?

I could use a couple of the larger 40mm cans.

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject: Thank you !
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:20 pm 

Just a quick note to thank everyone for their business.

This last MWCA show at the Mpls convention center was a big success thanks to the participants on this board. It was a real pleasure to meet those of you who stopped by to say hi and mention the TCC board.

We were very lucky and stayed out of the ND line of fire and hope to continue doing so :roll: .

I have read a few comments in other threads about prices being up so high as to make shows a waste of time, I would respectfully disagree, by Sunday many of these dealers have already mentally marked down quite a bit of inventory to make the haul back to the truck more bearable...

We hope to see you March 21,22 at the State Fair Coliseum, always a fun time !

Jeff, Kim & Tyson

P.S. We do sales outside of shows just drop me a line, nice if you want larger quantities (easier than carrying them out)

Heinlen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:37 pm 

you're both great to deal with, but Kim is a lot easier on the eyes than you! :)

Thanks again! I should be set now, at least until the March show...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:33 am 
Longtime Regular

Tullibee: (to Kim) Nice cans!

Kim <SLAP!>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:30 am 
Raving Moderate

DeanC wrote:

Kim <SLAP!>

:lol:

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:56 am 

DeanC wrote:

Kim <SLAP!>

Hey - I didn't see you watching the exchange! :)

I'll have to remember to try this at the March show!

Kim did think that Jeff was going to have the easy part of the Mpls show, since she was going to sell everything out on Saturday and he was just going to sit around on Sunday doing nothing! She claimed to have a better sales style (and we agreed with her.)

Post subject: Sales style
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:01 pm 

Kim has the better sales style... yeah that's the ticket.. Actually she is the nicest person you will ever meet, why she married me is a question for a different forum.

I think easier on the eyes is probably the key and I did have to load cans into the truck on Sunday... You guys really let me down :lol:

Heinlen

Post subject: Re: Sales style
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:56 pm 

ammocans wrote:
Kim has the better sales style... yeah that's the ticket.. Actually she is the nicest person you will ever meet, why she married me is a question for a different forum.

I think easier on the eyes is probably the key and I did have to load cans into the truck on Sunday... You guys really let me down :lol:

I'm pretty sure that is the most universal question out there!!! (doesn't apply to us single guys, but can be slightly adapted to "I don't know why she hangs out with the likes of me?" instead!)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.