Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Hello fellow Minnesotans 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

pappy87 wrote:
No, concealed, probably going to work up to that, but I'm taking baby steps.

Fair enough!

You'll find that you are far, far more aware of the fact that you are carrying than anyone else is. You'd be amazed just how oblivious most people are.

Case in point, I was talking to a fellow resident of my apartment building a couple of weeks ago. It was nice weather, I'd just come back from the range, and I was blatantly open carrying (GLOCK 19 in Serpa holster, extra mags on other side, etc.). She ended up mentioning the fact that her husband was interested in getting his permit to "conceal and carry", when I reminded her that it was just a straight carry permit and patted my GLOCK. You should have seen her jump...followed immediately by laughing her head off...when she realized I'd had a gun in plain sight the entire time (at least 10 minutes). She joked that it didn't say much for her awareness. :lol:

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:42 am 
Longtime Regular

Welcome aboard pappy87.

Since you're in Wabasha County, do you live in/near Wabasha or along the River somewhere? Many years ago, I lived outside Mazeppa, in one of the many valleys around there (yeah, I know that it's nowhere near the River :roll: ).

My family has a cabin between Lake City and Wabasha right off of Hwy 61. Unfortunately, I don't get the chances to spend as much time as I'd like over there. :? Hopefully someday, I'll retire to the Lake City/Wabasha area. Definitely beautiful country! 8)

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:21 am 

I live out in the country, probably closer to Lake City then Wabasha, but but yes its a great area to live in. I wish I would be on the river, its a great view all year round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:50 pm 

mrokern wrote:
pappy87 wrote:
No, concealed, probably going to work up to that, but I'm taking baby steps.

Fair enough!

You'll find that you are far, far more aware of the fact that you are carrying than anyone else is. You'd be amazed just how oblivious most people are.

Case in point, I was talking to a fellow resident of my apartment building a couple of weeks ago. It was nice weather, I'd just come back from the range, and I was blatantly open carrying (GLOCK 19 in Serpa holster, extra mags on other side, etc.). She ended up mentioning the fact that her husband was interested in getting his permit to "conceal and carry", when I reminded her that it was just a straight carry permit and patted my GLOCK. You should have seen her jump...followed immediately by laughing her head off...when she realized I'd had a gun in plain sight the entire time (at least 10 minutes). She joked that it didn't say much for her awareness. :lol:

-Mark

Lol.

I'll second that though. I spent all day today wandering around Eden Prairie, Edina, and St. Louis Park. I did get a few looks, but no one even bothered me. At one point I thought an officer was coming to ask to see my permit, but I guess he just wanted to have a burger at Five Guys as badly as we did. :lol:

Protect yourself and the ones you love.

NRA Certified Instructor
MADFI Certified Instructor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

So ya finally went to Five Guys? Opinion?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:49 pm 

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

ground, fried, garnished sex in a bun...

That said, I'm on my way to the hospital now for a triple bypass.

NRA Certified Instructor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:55 am 

mmmm...cold whatever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:57 am 
The Man

mrokern wrote:
Second on that request; we drove by there on the way to somewhere else on Saturday; I'd like another rec so that I might be able to talk the Spice Girls into it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:02 am 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
mrokern wrote:
Second on that request; we drove by there on the way to somewhere else on Saturday; I'd like another rec so that I might be able to talk the Spice Girls into it.

Get down this way, shoot me a message. I'll meet you there for lunch. :-)

Not a lot of seating, though, so if you get there at noon, you're on your own.

EXCELLENT burger joint...I was waiting for nmat's thoughts, since he punked out on me about a week ago. :wink:

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:36 am 

mrokern wrote:
Get down this way, shoot me a message. I'll meet you there for lunch. :-)

Not a lot of seating, though, so if you get there at noon, you're on your own.

EXCELLENT burger joint...I was waiting for nmat's thoughts, since he punked out on me about a week ago. :wink:

-Mark

Hey! Let's be fair, I didn't punk out, I chose the option that would keep me from sleeping on the couch.

As for the burgers, absolutely fantastic. I had the bacon cheeseburger. Two juicy (and nicely cooked) patties, bacon, dripping with cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo, jalapenos, and BBQ sauce. Only other thing I would have liked to add would have perhaps been a fried egg, but then I really might have had a heart-attack on the spot. The thing was REALLY tasty.

I will say though, the cajun fries are not really all that great. If they offered them with a seasoned sour cream, that would be fantastic. As it is though, I prefer the regular fries. Note to the wise, the regular size fries is HUGE. I didn't even come close to finishing it.

Also, they don't seem to be particularly un-friendly to carry. I walked in with my XD-9 displayed proudly on my hip, and no one said anything. At one point, as I sad earlier, I thought someone called in a "man with a gun" when I saw an officer pacing in front of the restaurant, and finally walk in, but it turns out he was just hungry. :lol:

(Please, let's not start another OC vs. CC debate.)

All in all I enjoyed it quite a bit, and the pricing was quite reasonable. Give it a try Joel. Heck, let me know when you're going and mrokern and I will meet you down there.

NRA Certified Instructor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

Welcome to the forum. :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.