Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Opinions on Sig Sauer P225/P6. 
 Post subject: Opinions on Sig Sauer P225/P6.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:25 am 

Found one for cheap that's in good condition though used. I've done quite a bit of research on it and it seems that aside from it's low capacity it's a great gun.
I haven't shot one but I held it and it's very comfortable for my small/medium sized hands.
I have to send my Taurus back to the factory for repair and don't want to leave my holster empty for the 3 weeks to 6 months that they may have it.
If anyone has a 225 or has used one, your opinion on its performance would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: 225
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:14 am 

IMHO, Those P6/225s out there are one of the best deals going. That's a lot of value for the money. The only complaint I've heard is that the sights are all black, with no dots or outlines. A set of Siglights would take care of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have one. Excellent second gun, for when your primary is in the shop. The only serious downside is that they only hold 8 shots in their single-stack mag. They are also heavy for their power.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:02 pm 
1911 tainted

I have one that is used as a class range gun. All the students that use it seem to shoot it very well and I have had no problems.

I think they are a very good deal, you get a very good handgun without breaking the bank.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:30 pm 
On time out

Let me just add, that they have been available from various sources for as low as $219 each. Gander and Cabela's and a few others have been selling them for just around 300 all year, So base your idea of cheap on that.

I have a couple, every one who shoots them, likes them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:54 am 

I've pretty much made my decision to get it. I've just read too many good things about them not to use it as a back up.
I appreciate all of the input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

Gander Mountain of Mankato had one. I really liked it. It fit my hand very well but it had the mag release in the heel of the grip. The US versions have a regular mag release behind the trigger guard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:03 pm 
Journeyman Member

Not all of the European (P6) versions have the heel mag release. I have a 1983 West German P6 and it has the US-style mag release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:35 pm 
Journeyman Member

I have a P6 as well as a CZ82. I don't have enough cash at the moment for another handgun so one of these will have to do for carry purposes.

I am leaning towards the P6 because it is easier for me to shoot and I do not have to worry about a safety... but the 82 is a little lighter and smaller, although the grip is wider because of the double stack magazine.

Any opinions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:44 am 
Longtime Regular

singhcr wrote:

I am leaning towards the P6 because it is easier for me to shoot and I do not have to worry about a safety... but the 82 is a little lighter and smaller, although the grip is wider because of the double stack magazine.

Any opinions?

If a gun was easier for me to shoot, I would lean towards carrying it more.

I really like my P6. It seems to just jump into my hand when I pick it up :D . I'm sure the slimness of the grip has a lot to do with that. It is also capable of grouping a lot better than me. The 82 is supposed to be a reliable gun but my P6 has never failed to chamber, fire and eject anything that I have fed it, whether it was FMJ or JHP.

I lucked out and managed to pick up a decent looking copy without too much holster wear on it.
Currently I carry it in an OWB occasionally but once I get my IWB from Srigs, I'll be carrying it full time.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.