Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:09 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 I need a 357... 
 Post subject: Re: I need a 357...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:09 am 

Srigs wrote:
Get the 686, you won't regret it.

Erik:

He may regret it if he decides to carry it concealed. The 686 is big. And heavy. And has stuff sticking out all over - adjustable rear sight and pointy front sight.

For a defensive revolver, my preference is for fixed sights, smooth grips (no finger-grooves), rounded corners and edges, and a slim, light build. Huh. My 2.25-inch SP-101 meets those criteria. How 'bout that?

For a target-shooter, pay me no mind. Size, weight and grabbi-ness aren't necessarily bad things.

Son 2 recently acquired a Charter Arms "Off duty" 5-shot .38 Special. Ugly as sin, finished like crap, shoots like mad! I'd carry it, provided it can be fixed so the cylinder opens when it's hot & dirty (it can only be opened by pulling out the ejector rod).

Ben's dad - I'll let ya' try the SP if we meet up in Hutch (or Dundas) before you buy something.

jb

John Farnam (I believe)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:32 pm 

Jeremiah wrote:
Let me restate my love of the Ruger SP101 (and its big brother, the GP100)- built like a tank, shoots well, and goes bang every time I pull the trigger. In short, pretty much everything I want in a carry revolver...

Well, I can officially die now; never thought the day would dawn when I'd agree with a liberal about ANYTHING, much less Rugers. And from Minneapolis! :shock:

Oh well, I'll just crawl into the fetal position and gnaw on my hand... :cry:

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:55 am 
Raving Moderate

boomingmetropolis wrote:
Jeremiah wrote:
Let me restate my love of the Ruger SP101 (and its big brother, the GP100)- built like a tank, shoots well, and goes bang every time I pull the trigger. In short, pretty much everything I want in a carry revolver...

Well, I can officially die now; never thought the day would dawn when I'd agree with a liberal about ANYTHING, much less Rugers. And from Minneapolis! :shock:

Oh well, I'll just crawl into the fetal position and gnaw on my hand... :cry:

:P

See, y'all conservatives can be right occasionally... :wink:

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:40 pm 

Did somebody say "big and heavy" .357?

This might be a tad difficult to carry discreetly, but maybe a shoulder holster and trench coat?? :P

Taurus 608.. Nice, large, accurate, high capacity, affordable .357 magnum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:14 am 
Longtime Regular

So, where can an average joe like me pick up one of those .88 magnums? :mrgreen:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.