Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:26 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Best out-of-box trigger on a Semi-Auto? 
 Post subject: Re: Best out-of-box trigger on a Semi-Auto?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:16 am 
Longtime Regular

nitzer wrote:
I can see the allure of the 1911, just so happened that despite it's malfunctions it just
wasn't the right weapon for me personally. The main reason for selling it had to do with
the ergonomics of it. I can ride the thumb safety on Witness comfortably, but I just
couldn't on the 1911. When I tried to, it would rub the web of my hand something
fierce. Like I said, it was bigger in some critical areas that just didn't agree with my
grip and that hampered my efforts to shoot it well. At that point, it probably would've
become a safe queen. I'm a shooter, not a collector. A safe queen does me absolutely
no good... :D

You could have changed to the low ride safety!

Water under the bridge.

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject: Re: Best out-of-box trigger on a Semi-Auto?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:36 am 
Longtime Regular

nitzer wrote:
I can see the allure of the 1911, just so happened that despite it's malfunctions it just
wasn't the right weapon for me personally. The main reason for selling it had to do with
the ergonomics of it. I can ride the thumb safety on Witness comfortably, but I just
couldn't on the 1911. When I tried to, it would rub the web of my hand something
fierce. Like I said, it was bigger in some critical areas that just didn't agree with my
grip and that hampered my efforts to shoot it well. At that point, it probably would've
become a safe queen. I'm a shooter, not a collector. A safe queen does me absolutely
no good... :D

I can respect all of that. :D

You're right, if it's not the gun for you, then it's not the gun for you. And I don't have safe queens either. 8)

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.