Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What is the best tacticolor 
 Post subject: What is the best tacticolor
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:08 pm 
Forum Moderator

I like, you know, just got my permit and it is really cool that I can pack heat now and not have to take shit from anyone. I got my CCW carry badge in bright gloss finish because my instructor told me that if an attack happend in the daylight that the glossy surface might blind the guy so that I can shoot him when he isn't looking.

My instructor is also selling these neat banners (I am not sure if they are bullet proof or not), and I just wondered what the best color to get would be so that the cops see me and just let me keep shooting the bad guy 'til my ammo runs out...so...what color is the most tacticolorful? Oh, the banners are only $35, but I think you get a discount if you buy your badge at the same time. (Note...the banner comes in a neat pouch and case that you can clip to your tactibelt for fast deployment). I am thinking black with silver letters?

(Oh, by the way...that is a real product ...and it does cost $35....and I thought I had seen it all! Apparently not :roll: )

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What is the best tacticolor
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:18 pm 

The optional chest and back bullseye with the verbage shoot me first has not displayed in the picture. Darn! :bang:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

Reminds me of the AAA School Safety Patrol belts, and those even have badges!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:34 pm 

:? :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Paul,

I must disagree with the black suggestion. I think the chartreuse color (shown) is something that really grabs the eye and makes a statement. First, that I am comfortable with my manhood, and secondly, that I can color coordinate with the best of them. Finally, with the bold color, I do believe that the optional bull’s-eye that mmcnx2 referenced is rendered moot.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:41 am 

you can get his and hers....

MNbasecamp.com - Minnesota Outdoors Community

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:15 pm 

Okay, I'm going to be a devil's advocate for a moment.

When training police officers to deal with off-duty encounters, we teach them to (after the immediate threat is dealt with) GET OUT THEIR BADGE AND ID so they won't be shot by responding officers.

Yet, when anyone proposes that permit holders carry a readily identifiable form of ID (such as a badge or the item described above), the idea is dismissed out of hand.

The biggest problem I see with ID devices is the fact that they are not sanctioned - and likely would not be "recognized" - by law enforcement responders.

Now, I'm sure someone will (again) bring up the "attitude" associated with carrying a badge or other ID, but the problem there is not the product itself, but how it is used.

Hmmm...is there another item where we apply this logic - say, the guns themselves?

If something like this were recognized by cops, I think it would be prudent to have it available. If it can help keep you from getting unintentionally killed, why is it such a bad idea?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

Erik_Pakieser wrote:
If something like this were recognized by cops, I think it would be prudent to have it available. If it can help keep you from getting unintentionally killed, why is it such a bad idea?

And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. But she doesn't, and is unlikely to grow them.

Similarly, these things are not recognized or sanctioned by law enforcement, and are vanishingly unlikely to become so. If, by some miracle, they became recognized, any fool could and would buy them.

Besides, if you don't have time to put away your gun before the cops roll up, how in hell are you going to have time to uncase and don a flimsy sash like this?

These devices are effective at just one thing: separating fools from their cash.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

But, oh, so fashionable. Wonder if I can get one in a Hawaiian floral print?

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:36 pm 

Andrew Rothman wrote:

And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. But she doesn't, and is unlikely to grow them.

Oh Damnit all... that's just funny as Hell... LMAO

seriously though - this product has to be a joke...

Right?...

?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'm working on putting together a CCW Noob's Packin' Package (TM).

It will contain:

One of these sashes
This Book
A CCW Badge
A 9mm Hi-point
An Uncle Mike's universal OWB holster
A James Yeager Training Video

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:

It will contain:

One of these sashes
This Book
A CCW Badge
A 9mm Hi-point

Hey! Don't rap on the Uncle Mike's!

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:37 am 

DeanC wrote:

It will contain:

One of these sashes
This Book
A CCW Badge
A 9mm Hi-point

An Uncle Mike's was my first holster... :( (used it just once...)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:13 pm 
Gun-Toting Liberal

Chunk I'm gonna have to join the raging on Uncle Mikes as they suck in many different ways. On the plus side they are inexpensive and will often fit a multitude of guns, of course that's the down side also.

"We are therefore persuaded that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment incorporates the Second Amendment and applies it against the states and local governments." Nordyke v. King 4/20/09

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

Don't be hatin' on the Uncle Mike's. They are durable, affordable and secure, provided you buy the right size. I have two, and recommend them for my students. When I open carry my PT111, it's in a GunMate ("For when Uncle Mike's is just too expensive") nylon ambi pancake -- cost: $12. I'd choose it over a Fobus any day.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.