Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:50 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Cops attack Paramedic 
 Post subject: Same trooper, new incident.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:36 pm 
Journeyman Member

Looks like Trooper Martin is in a pickle again.

HOLDENVILLE, Oklahoma -- An Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper suspended for a fight with a paramedic in May is on paid administrative leave again after being accused of using excessive force.

This is the second time in five months that Trooper Daniel Martin has been placed on paid administrative leave. Martin was suspended earlier this year after cell phone video surfaced showing the trooper chocking a paramedic.

During his suspension in July, Trooper Martin was forced to undergo counseling for anger management, but a Holdenville man said that anger was on display once again.

Martin's latest scuffle involves a Holdenville man, Khristopher Douglas. Douglas said he was on his friend's property helping with renovations Saturday when troopers pulled up apparently working a traffic violation in Holdenville.

Douglas said he was making his way inside when Martin demanded he move away from his friend's home and come towards the street.

"I said 'Why can't I go inside and be safe,' and he said 'Go to the street.' So I turned around, and next thing I know that officer grabbed my arm and curl up like this while he's beating me," Douglas said.

Douglas said he was never given an explanation and was cited for obstruction.

At the same time, another Trooper was detaining Lucas Carson claiming he ran a stop sign.

Carson said he did not run the stop sign, but said he did witness the incident between Douglas and Trooper Martin.

"He said, 'We're giving you a citation and we're taking that other guy to jail,' and I said, 'Why are you taking that other guy to jail for?' And he said, 'Obstruction of police business,'" Carson said.

Jerry Ford, who owns the house where the incident occurred, also witnessed the altercation and said he thinks Martin lost his temper.

"When he approached me, he approached me with his chest out and just looked like he was ready to fight," Ford said.

Martin and Trooper Tommy Allen are now on paid administrative leave, pending this new investigation.

"That'll give the department time to pull that stuff together, conduct an investigation and determine what cause of action will be required," said Oklahoma Highway Patrol Capt. Chris West.

Douglas sought treatment from a local hospital for his bruises from Saturday's altercation.

"They used too much force and I was complying with them, and they didn't have no reason to do this to me," Douglas said.

Khristopher Douglas is slated to appear in court this Tuesday and said he is considering filing a lawsuit.

OHP officials said they are reviewing video from Saturday's incident. Once the investigation is complete, the video will be made public.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11255583

Post subject: Re: Cops attack Paramedic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:31 am 
Longtime Regular

I look forward to seeing the video, and let's see what kind of mess he's in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:55 am 
Longtime Regular

???????

This one I don't get. A friend of a homeowner tries to walk into the house and a policeman on the street making a traffic stop tells the friend to not go into the house but to go to the street instead?

Could someone please explain to me why the officer would want someone not involved in the traffic stop to move to the street?

I am so confused.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

Traveler wrote:
???????

This one I don't get. A friend of a homeowner tries to walk into the house and a policeman on the street making a traffic stop tells the friend to not go into the house but to go to the street instead?

Could someone please explain to me why the officer would want someone not involved in the traffic stop to move to the street?

I am so confused.

This isn't passing the smell test. Someone is full of shit. I wanna watch the video.

I usually tell by-standers to wait somewhere else until I'm finished, then they can talk to me or their acquaintance who just got pulled over. I'm wondering if the guy who was arrested and the guy who got pulled over know each other.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Yup, someone is. My money is on the guy with the documented anger, bullying and self-control issues.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Yup, someone is. My money is on the guy with the documented anger, bullying and self-control issues.

I agree someone is full of shit, stories are too different to be otherwise.

I agree it's probably the guy with the badge but I'm confused. He had to know there were three non-badged witnesses to his actions, I just find it hard to believe the officer is THAT stupid.

But I'm willing to be wrong....although I'd prefer not to be......actually I'm not sure what I prefer in this situation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:39 pm 

How does this guy still have a job? It's obvious he has severe anger issues or is completely burned out. They need to remove him from the street ASAP.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

Here is the disciplinary letter issued to the officer for the first incident. It does say that if there are any more incidents of unprofessional behavior, he could be dismissed:

http://www.examiner.com/x-6121-Oklahoma-Crime-Examiner~y2009m7d23-Oklahoma-Highway-Patrol-read-Daniel-Martin-disciplinary-letter-here

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.