Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 This little Piggy 2010! 
 Post subject: This little Piggy 2010!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hi all,

Once again we have some pigs this year, although fewer then in prior years - Please let me know if you are interested in a quarter, half or whole hog. Raised the same as last year (fresh air, corn and soybeans, and what they can scrounge from last years garden) same price as last year $2.75 pound cut/wrapped/frozen and delivered to a meeting point near the cities.(unless suddenly the world comes to an end and the zombie hords advance or corn goes though the roof) Unlike last year, this year both hogs are Grand Champions (Barrow and Gilt)

Thanks to all those who were customers last year - hope you enjoyed yours as much as we enjoyed ours!

Mostly-

Post subject: Re: This little Piggy 2010!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:39 am 
Longtime Regular

mostlylawabidingcitizen wrote:
Hi all,
.(unless suddenly the world comes to an end and the zombie hords advance or corn goes though the roof)
Mostly-

I got a little tear in my eye... So many don't take the zombie horde seriously!

That is all....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:52 am 

Approximately how many pounds are in a hog?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:42 am 
The Man

mostlylawabidingcitizen wrote:
Hi all,

Once again we have some pigs this year, although fewer then in prior years - Please let me know if you are interested in a quarter, half or whole hog. Raised the same as last year (fresh air, corn and soybeans, and what they can scrounge from last years garden) same price as last year $2.75 pound cut/wrapped/frozen and delivered to a meeting point near the cities.(unless suddenly the world comes to an end and the zombie hords advance or corn goes though the roof) Unlike last year, this year both hogs are Grand Champions (Barrow and Gilt)

Thanks to all those who were customers last year - hope you enjoyed yours as much as we enjoyed ours!

Mostly-

I don't have the room to go whole hog, but I'm in for at least a quarter, and if there's other folks who think that pork belly is an undesirable cut, I'm perfectly willing to give up pork steak for it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

dismal wrote:
Approximately how many pounds are in a hog?

Generally going to approximately 45-60 pounds of wrapped frozen meat for each quarter.

Mostly-

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.