Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Frazee (near Detroit Lakes) police chief on paid leave 
 Post subject: Frazee (near Detroit Lakes) police chief on paid leave
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:13 am 
Longtime Regular

http://www.dl-online.com/event/article/id/55305/

Quote:
Frazee police chief placed on paid leave

Chief Mike Lorsung is accused of stalking and harassing an Eagle Lake woman.

By: Nathan Bowe, DL-Online

Frazee Police Chief Mike Lorsung has been placed on paid administrative leave while the city investigates accusations that he has been stalking and harassing an Eagle Lake woman for the past few months.

Lorsung, 40, is married with two children, but is the subject of a restraining order requested by Mandi Leigh Green, who said that Lorsung is an ex-boyfriend who stalked, harassed and threatened her after she ended the relationship.

Lorsung did not respond to a message left on his cell phone Friday morning. Green declined to comment.

In her request for a restraining order, Green alleges that Lorsung became jealous over a photo on her Facebook page, called her up, and went to her house even though she told him not to come over. He entered without being invited and confronted her in her living room.

She also said that he ordered a subordinate officer to pull her over for a traffic violation and give her a ticket.

In the request for a restraining order, she said Lorsung grabbed her and frightened her on two occasions:

On Aug. 5 she allegedly confronted him about going to WE Fest with a minor. He grabbed her by both arms and said “I’m not going to lose my f…ing job over a 17-year-old.”

She said that on July 23 he told her, in regards to her current boyfriend, “I want to kill him. I want to punch him in the face.” She turned to leave and he allegedly grabbed her by the arm and swung her around.

She said he stalked her on several occasions: On July 24 he allegedly followed her around during the Turkey Days festivities in Frazee, following her “in and out of every establishment.”

Through May, June and July, she said, he would drive by her house several times in his personal vehicle and in his squad car. She lives in the Eagle Lake area, far from the jurisdiction of the Frazee Police Department.

In early May he pulled into her driveway and sat there without his headlights on.

He also continued to text her after she told him she wanted nothing more to do with him.

He has photos of her and has threatened to use them against her, allegedly saying, “I can do whatever I want with these pictures.”

She has felt threatened by him at times. On July 15 he allegedly threw his beer mug at her.

She said he knows when she is alone and vulnerable, and that makes her frightened and she worries he will follow her to work at a Frazee preschool. She also said she believes the harassment will get worse now that she has filed a complaint.

Green filed the harassment petition in Becker County District Court on Aug. 23, and Becker County Sheriff Tim Gordon served the paperwork on Lorsung the next day.

After a hearing attended by both parties, District Judge Joe Evans granted the two-year restraining order on Aug. 31.

Lorsung was placed on paid administrative leave Aug. 24 pending investigation of the complaint, according to Frazee City Administrator-Clerk-Treasurer Jonathan R. Smith.

The city attorney is spearheading the investigation.

Lorsung joined the Frazee Police Department on Oct. 9, 2006. He is a Detroit Lakes High School graduate and worked in law enforcement in Colorado prior to accepting the job in Frazee.

He is paid $22.42 an hour, or about $46,630 a year.

Policing duties are being handled by the city’s one full-time and four or five part-time officers, who are working more hours while Lorsung is on administrative leave, Smith said.

Post subject: Re: Frazee (near Detroit Lakes) police chief on paid leave
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

That story reads like the the reporter just read the affidavit for the OFP/HRO

The article doesn't say if he contested the order, or if he agreed to it, without any admissions. I imagine he didn't contest it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.