Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Target Center, again 
 Post subject: Target Center, again
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:32 pm 
Journeyman Member

So.. I did some searching on this venue before I asked this question. Looks like the most recent discussion occurred over 2 1/2 years ago. I have an event coming up this weekend and want to be carrying (obviously not concerned about safety AT the event; my concern is the walk between Target Center and the parking lot).

Target Center, downtown
Target Center??

Seems as though at the time, they were wanding people; poorly. That they might find it, they might not. Does anybody have any recent experience with entering while carrying at concerts? Not sporting events, not UFC Fight Nights, not Snoop Dogg concerts. I'm wondering how to handle this. Don't really wanna go with out, but I also don't want to try only to get turned away and leave it in my car where it could be stolen. Trying to plan smartly.

Thanks...

Post subject: Re: Target Center, again
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:12 am 
The Man

My most recent experience is almost five years old, and it was a different facility, with better security, and I had no trouble beating it. Not because I want to -- or would -- do anything unlawful, but, rather, because I really wasn't set up to educate security guards and SPPD that time, so I just beat the system the easy way, and carried.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:30 am 
Journeyman Member

SPPD? Are you thinking of the Xcel Energy Center?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:51 am 
The Man

edschminke wrote:
SPPD? Are you thinking of the Xcel Energy Center?

Well, yeah. Target security tends to use a looser protocol.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:29 pm 
Journeyman Member

Well, last night was a "success". By success, I mean I carried smartly and did not "need to"; no danger presented itself.

As for my trip into the Arena, I actually almost aborted and brought my pistol back to my car. A short walk through skyways to Parking Ramp B. A long ways out, I noticied people going through bags and purses and figured I wouldn't have any trouble. As I got closer I noticed they were feeling people's coat pockets, but only the lower front ones. So I took off my fleece coat and handed it to someone else in my group. As I got closer still, I noticed they were touching people's sides and waist bands. That was when I initially decided to turn back, but reconsidered. I moved my IWB from 3' to ~5' and presented myself to the people conducting searches. They patted 3' and 9' and then knuckled my front jeans pockets and waved me by.

Please note: My goal was not to "beat their system", but to ensure my ability to protect myself between my car and the Target Center. Also, I'm not posting this to brag, rather to share my experience. No LAWS were broken, but perhaps some private property rights were violated. I had to balance that with my right to self-preservation, but did not go out of my way to advertise that fact to owners or their agents. I went there not expecting to be able to park so close or have skyways to walk through. I don't know MPLS that well, and figured it would be a longer walk down open streets to an unprotected lot somewhere.

Carry safe, everyone and keep it in your pants!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:47 pm 
The Man

I like you, guy. On the nosie.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:50 am 

That's actually much more through checking then I have seen there...

Smart carry works wonders.... If they pat that down, you can sue for sexual harassment.

Glad you were safe, and still got to see the game.

MNbasecamp.com - Minnesota Outdoors Community

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:15 am 
Longtime Regular

RobD wrote:
Smart carry works wonders.... If they pat that down, you can sue for sexual harassment.

Somebody should tell the TSA:

Airport screeners get more aggressive with pat-downs
Quote:
The new searches are done with screeners' hands sliding over a passenger's body. However, the searches require screeners to touch passengers' breasts and genitals.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:17 pm 

DeanC wrote:
Somebody should tell the TSA:

They're the government... they are super special, and the TSA agents are the cream of the crop.

MNbasecamp.com - Minnesota Outdoors Community

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.