Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:50 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Safepacker?? 
 Post subject: Safepacker??
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

All in all, this looks like an ideal solution to many carry problems. While in a car, on a bike, walking, etc. The nice thing is, it doesn't LOOK like a holster!!!

http://thewilderness.com/catalog/produc ... ucts_id/18

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

That looks very intriguing. Now we need to get a forum member or instrustor to convince them to send a demo so we can get a first hand account of how it works.

It doesn't lok like a fanny pack but it looks enough like some of the new maxpedition / utility pouches / man purses to go a little less noticed. The access seems akward in the video. Click buckle, raise cover, drop hand in, achieve grip, draw... Guess it's no worse and probably a bit better than tucked IWB carry.

I still think someone is going to ask what's inside. Especially if you know people who like bags ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

We have one at the shop that I was playing with. I don't know.. it wasn't working for me any better than a fanny pack, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:02 am 
Longtime Regular

squib_joe wrote:
We have one at the shop that I was playing with. I don't know.. it wasn't working for me any better than a fanny pack, etc.

Perhaps as a replacement for a fanny pack? It looks a little more contemporary and the seat belt / strong side belt / support hand / shoulder strap / bike pack addition / etc... make it a bit more versatile.

Is it still floating around the shop? I'd love to get a look at one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:50 am 
The Man

plblark wrote:
squib_joe wrote:

Perhaps as a replacement for a fanny pack? It looks a little more contemporary and the seat belt / strong side belt / support hand / shoulder strap / bike pack addition / etc... make it a bit more versatile.

Is it still floating around the shop? I'd love to get a look at one...
I've got one, and occasionally use it. It's got some good features, although I think it's better thought-of as a good combination strongside belt and car holster, rather than anything else, although it does, sorta kinda, masquerade as a fanny pack kind of thing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:20 am 
Longtime Regular

In other words, it's not nearly discrete enough to be considered truly concealed, it will get wierd looks like a fanny pack might and it could scream gun to people? Those were my worries about how it would be viewed by the public at large.

The seatbelt carry issue is intriguing though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:33 am 
Longtime Regular

The only thing that will scream "gun" to most people is a gun openly displayed--and often not even then. AK47 in a tactical soft case on a bus? No problem!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:37 am 
Longtime Regular

squib_joe wrote:

Do they have one at Bill's North ??

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:21 am 
Longtime Regular

BigRobT wrote:
squib_joe wrote:

We only have one and it's here in Robbinsdale. It's well made.. but like I said, I can't get the hang of drawing quickly from it. Maybe I should look at the instructions. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:29 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

squib_joe wrote:
BigRobT wrote:
squib_joe wrote:

We only have one and it's here in Robbinsdale. It's well made.. but like I said, I can't get the hang of drawing quickly from it. Maybe I should look at the instructions. :roll:

Why would you want to look at the instructions? What the hell are they for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

WHO RTFI/ RTFM ?? :D I never do unless I get stuck someplace, which is pretty rare !!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.