Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:08 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Elk River Muffler & Brake 
 Post subject: Elk River Muffler & Brake
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

Was checking on getting a brake job done on the kid's car and was talking to the owner. I noticed a small laminated placard basically saying that guns were welcome in his shop. Talking to him about it a bit, he said that if he posted a sign banning guns, then he'd have people he didn't want bringing guns in there. I thought it was pretty cool of him. Besides, his prices were pretty decent, too !!

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

Time to offer him a cooler sign:

See Pakrat for a full-sized graphic. See me if you need it printed. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

mnglocker wrote:
I like this section, good idea.

Now to add to the list. Bill Bune's machine shop in Anoka. They like guns. ALOT

MNGlocker, maybe you ought to start your own thread so we don't lose the names of the shops in the thread?? I've noticed that we've addressed some of these businesses in other boards, but this seems like it would appear to be a handier reference to businesses we WANT to do business with. I know there's a barber shop in downtown Anoka that is very pro-gun, but I forget the name.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:05 pm 
The Man

BigRobT wrote:
mnglocker wrote:
I like this section, good idea.

Now to add to the list. Bill Bune's machine shop in Anoka. They like guns. ALOT

MNGlocker, maybe you ought to start your own thread so we don't lose the names of the shops in the thread?? I've noticed that we've addressed some of these businesses in other boards, but this seems like it would appear to be a handier reference to businesses we WANT to do business with. I know there's a barber shop in downtown Anoka that is very pro-gun, but I forget the name.
Moved; good idea.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:59 pm 

How can I get signs like the one with the gopher on it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pakrat can point you to the full-resolution file. If you need one already printed (on paper -- lamination is a good idea), PM me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.