Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Woman thought masked robbers at door was joke 
 Post subject: Woman thought masked robbers at door was joke
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:54 am 
Longtime Regular

Didn't know where to put this but she was dumb enough to open the door. And then the paper gives out the address.http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200770124007

Quote:
It was not a joke.

Victoria McCann went to the door of her Des Moines apartment late Tuesday night to answer a knock. She looked through the peep hole and saw two men in ski masks.

Thinking it was a joke she opened the door. Big mistake.

Four men burst through the apartment door. At least one of them had a gun.

Gino Reed, 19, another occupant of the apartment, told police one of the intruders put the gun in his face and pushed him into the bathroom.

The gunman took $180 cash from him. Police said: "Reed stated that he wrestled the gun from the suspect and the other three jumped on top of him and took the gun back."

Reed was pistol whipped. Police did not list his injuries as serious.

After the intruders left the apartment -- about 11:10 p.m. -- the occupants called police. They told officers the robbers left a backpack and a stocking hat behind. The two items will be processed by crime scene investigators.

A security camera in a hallway of the building at 3726 S.E. 14th St., may have picked up images of the robbers.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:05 pm 

You can't cure stupid.

You see men in ski masks at your door after 11:00pm and you let them in? I won't even let my family in unless they call first and tell me they're coming.

Post subject: donning suspicous nature hat...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:46 pm 

sounds fishy to me... and speculating based on age given -- can you say drug deal gone wrong?

gun control means hitting where you aim!

Post subject: Re: donning suspicous nature hat...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:11 pm 
Delicate Flower

tullibee wrote:
sounds fishy to me... and speculating based on age given -- can you say drug deal gone wrong?

or Austin http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/vi ... php?t=4009

edit to add link

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

Just goes to prove... Don't open the door to strangers! :shock:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

jhp wrote:
You can't cure stupid.

You see men in ski masks at your door after 11:00pm and you let them in? I won't even let my family in unless they call first and tell me they're coming.

This sounds like a real case of "when you hear hoof beats, think horses not Zebras.

"When you see ski masks, think bad guys, not downhill racers"

:? :? :? :? :? :? :?

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:26 am 

On a similar note, did anyone see this:
Quote:
Man Tries To Rob Richfield Lunds Dressed As Ninja

(WCCO) Richfield, Minn. Richfield Police are looking for a man who attempted to rob a Lunds grocery store in Richfield Saturday evening dressed as a ninja.

According to authorities, the suspect entered the store at about 10:30 p.m. dressed in skin-tight black clothing and armed with a samurai-style sword.

The suspect stood in line before he demanded the cashier turn over the money in the register, reportedly waving his sword in the air.

The cashier and other customers inside thought the suspect was pulling a prank. The cashier refused to give the suspect the money and he fled the scene.

Richfield Police were called. They searched the neighborhood for the suspect but he managed to slip away into the night in the manner of a ninja.

Everybody laughed at him, so he ran away. (Assuming it's a him.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:53 am 
Longtime Regular

nathanm wrote:
On a similar note, did anyone see this:
Quote:
Man Tries To Rob Richfield Lunds Dressed As Ninja

(WCCO) Richfield, Minn. Richfield Police are looking for a man who attempted to rob a Lunds grocery store in Richfield Saturday evening dressed as a ninja.

According to authorities, the suspect entered the store at about 10:30 p.m. dressed in skin-tight black clothing and armed with a samurai-style sword.

The suspect stood in line before he demanded the cashier turn over the money in the register, reportedly waving his sword in the air.

The cashier and other customers inside thought the suspect was pulling a prank. The cashier refused to give the suspect the money and he fled the scene.

Richfield Police were called. They searched the neighborhood for the suspect but he managed to slip away into the night in the manner of a ninja.

Everybody laughed at him, so he ran away. (Assuming it's a him.)

Of course he slipped away! He is a Ninja :lol: :lol:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:02 am 
Longtime Regular

Srigs wrote:
Of course he slipped away! He is a Ninja :lol: :lol:

They should count themselves lucky they even saw him in the first place.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:52 am 
Longtime Regular

Great, now I have to look out for ninjas, too...

I heard they can use their swords (which from what I understand aren't samurai-style swords, but rather actual ninja swords. I could be wrong) to negate the effectiveness of a myriad of calibers that may fired their way...

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.