Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:05 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 "Glock Leg" 
 Post subject: "Glock Leg"
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:22 pm 

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://www.local12.com/mediacenter/loca ... eoId=15039

Red

Edited to work, sorry.

Last edited by Red XIII on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

does not work.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:29 pm 
Delicate Flower

Works OK for me.

Another gun that goes off by itself. Will this shit ever end?

(That's why my duty weapon is a Sig :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:31 am 
1911 tainted

It makes me chuckle every time I watch that video of a professional

It was stated in the news clip that there are more problems with the 40 and 45's, why would that be?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:58 am 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
It was stated in the news clip that there are more problems with the 40 and 45's, why would that be?

I wondered this too. I've never heard about any difference in the triggers between the different calibers. Maybe it only means that the 40s & 45s are what most of the PDs buy recently. The 9s have been around longer; maybe the memory of when everybody was shooting themselves with a Glock 9 has simply been dimmed by time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:27 am 
Longtime Regular

Gosh it was a pretty good and fair video, up until the guy said that carrying the Glock was like carrying around a cocked single-action revolver.

And yes - every time I see that DEA agent video I start to laugh.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Good story overall. The origional chief pulled the trigger. Sorry but only one ways a functional gun goes off is by pulling the trigger.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

You mean the guy in the beginning who shot off his middle finger? He showed how he was holding the gun and it was apparent to me that he pulled the trigger with his right thumb.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:03 pm 
Journeyman Member

Yeah, lemme move my Glock ovahia while I stick my finga in da baril :lol: . And what's amazing --he STILL was moving a gun that way for the camera :shock: BOOM goes his 2nd finger :oops:

Other wise I am impressed with the most extensively gun descriptive story from a Sensationalism seller.

They found a very nice gunshop person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:47 pm 

When will this madness end?

Two range trips in a year? What this story should have focused on is the miserably deficient firearms training standards many police departments still have.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:02 pm 
1911 tainted

glock+ipod wrote:
When will this madness end?

Two range trips in a year? What this story should have focused on is the miserably deficient firearms training standards many police departments still have.

Ya, that made him a professional. :P

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have 2 guns for sale immediately. Please keep in mind they are extremely dangerous, apparently, but if you are professional enough, you should not have a problem. If you are interested, please contact me ASAP as I want to get rid of these controversial, dangerous, ugly guns before I get Glock Leg. Thanks for your help. :roll: :roll: :roll: :P :P :P

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:26 am 
Longtime Regular

Moby Clarke wrote:
I have 2 guns for sale immediately. Please keep in mind they are extremely dangerous, apparently, but if you are professional enough, you should not have a problem. If you are interested, please contact me ASAP as I want to get rid of these controversial, dangerous, ugly guns before I get Glock Leg. Thanks for your help. :roll: :roll: :roll: :P :P :P

I'll give you $5 each.... seeing as how they're so dangerous and all. :D :wink:

I have actually heard of some kind of past problem with the trigger mechanism on the .45 caliber Glocks, but I don't know much about it. I think I heard the trigger had a habit of locking up or something and became very difficult to pull for the guns supplied to some police department. (Possibly an armorer tinkering with something they didn't know how to tinker with?) Second hand information, I forgot the source, and I can't verify it, though. Quite possibly a load of horse deposits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

AGoodDay wrote:
Moby Clarke wrote:

I'll give you $5 each.... seeing as how they're so dangerous and all. :D :wink:

I would have offered to take them from him if he paid me $20 each, seeing as how dangerous they are and all.

Seriously you have a tool on your belt. It is there for a reason. Learn how to use it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.